Hi. I'm new.

Options
Hi, I'm new to My Fitness Pal. I was doing Weight Watchers and had a little success, but now I've decided to try something different. I have 3 kids, after my second I never got my body back. I went back to pre-pregnancy weight after my third (10 mos.), but for me that wasn't good enough. What got me motivated was two things: 1- My cousin who had always been bigger than me and used to struggle with weight issues weighed less than me. She was my size and I was her size. 2-my niece. We were at a 50th birthday party and my husband was saying that I should just be happy with my body. My niece said "that isn't her body". And she was right. I don't feel like me. I used to have a lot of energy and be really outgoing. Since I've gained weight I don't like to go anywhere. I've gotten afraid of people. My level of confidence PLUMMETED drastically. A few of my co-workers joined weight watchers, I couldn't because I was pregnant at the time. But the whole time they were on it, all I heard is points this, points that, THEY were telling ME I shouldn't eat things. So after giving birth and unsuccessfully losing weight on my own, I secretly joined. I didn't tell anyone because I didn't want to act like they were. Lost about 13lbs with WW and now I'm here. Hoping to lose the rest! Could really use a buddy on here (as I don't have very many personal friends). Wish me luck!

Replies

• StaceyRN07
    StaceyRN07 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    :smile: Feel free to add me!
  • lasttimelooser
    lasttimelooser Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I was with Weight Watchers for about 7 years. I met my goal 3 years ago however i had foot surgery 2 years ago and gained some of the weight due no excersise. I tried to follow the new points system but since they changed them this year, it did not really work for me.

I just joined my fitness pal this Tuesday and already lost 5 lbs as of this morning.

My name is Laura and I have 2 kids. 19 year old daugher and 8 year old son.
  • AnotherMichelle
    AnotherMichelle Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. After having my daughter its been a struggle and a half getting back to my pre pregnancy weight...even after 2 years now. Been here less than a week but I can already feel the support and see a difference in my eating habits!