Down 70 lbs...(trying this again with Pix!) :)

Options
Just1forMe
Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
When I met my husband 22 years ago, I was a size 2 or 4. After we were married, I had a miscarriage and my hormones started getting really messed up. Then I got pregnant again with the first of 3 children, gained 50 lbs, gave birth to an 8 lb baby and lost 1/2 lb total over the next 4 months. Long story short, I could not lose weight and keep it off for any length of time no matter what I did. Over the next 10 years, I discovered I had Hashimoto's Thyroiditis like my mom & sister. For many years, I did not know what I was doing in the area of weight loss and I was completely screwing my metabolism up even more by undereating.

For the last year and a half, I have been slowly losing the weight. I am so thankful to have discovered MFP!!! I have spent the last few years getting to know my body & the science behind weight loss. I have also gotten a Body Media Fit, which I can't say enough good things about! I finally understand the simple concept of calories in/calories out, why all those fad diets did not work in the long run and why it was so important for me to get ENOUGH calories in every day...especially with the thyroid issues. It's been a slow process, but I finally feel like I will make it all the way to my goal (another 40 lbs to go!) and I will stay there. Actually, there is not a single doubt in my mind. This journey has been slow but so very enlightening!

I never really allowed very many pictures to be taken of me in the last 20 years, but I found a couple. Here are some pictures of my journey to health...

BEFORE:
IMG_4907.jpg

LloydLisa2-1.jpg

AFTER:
IMG_1757.jpg

5098920_5295.jpg

Thanks to Mike for MFP and all the great motivators on here...you guys are awesome!!! Looking forward to finishing my journey with you all!

Replies

• zyarnykh
    zyarnykh Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    What a transformation! Congrats!
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    you look great, get that camera out and start taking pictures, you look amazing... :)
    also you look much younger, congrats on your succes, keep up the great work:drinker:
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    You look great. Keep up the good work
  • mamato4kids
    mamato4kids Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    You look great! I have the body media arm band too...<3 it!
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You look amazing. [=
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    Oh! you're inspiring! I am so looking forward to having some semblance of a jawline again! Thank you!!

Hollycat
    :flowerforyou:
  • danaaustin7
    danaaustin7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Heeeyyyy!!! U look really great! Congrats! How much working out have u been doing?

Keep up the good work!
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Total Inspirations to all of us girl.. Awesome.....
  • Timmys_Girl
    Timmys_Girl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and you were beautiful before and you are now! Congrats on your success!! You look fab!!!
  • klfazio
    klfazio Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You're determination, drive and energy is so inspiring Lisa! You look so awesome...and NOT AT ALL your age. Happy to call you a friend.
    Kim : )
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Dana, until very recently, I was working out 60-90 minutes per day 6x per week...mostly cardio though. Lots of out of town company has really disrupted my routine though.

I should also mention that the top 2 pix were not at my highest weight...I'd probably lost about 18 lbs or so by the time those pix were taken.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic job! 70lbs is an amazing achievement - congrats! :bigsmile:
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Hashimoto's Thyroiditis like my mom & sister.

For the last year and a half, I have been slowly losing the weight. I am so thankful to have discovered MFP!!! I have spent the last few years getting to know my body & the science behind weight loss.

I have hypothyroidism (like my mom, sister, uncle, and every woman on my mom's side) so I know what you are going through. I was diagnosed 4 yrs ago and it took me 3 yrs just to feel somewhat human again! This weight loss journey, and everything that goes with it, has been enlightening for me too. You look FABULOUS and you should be very proud of yourself! It's a hard road to travel, but it looks like you are handling it very well! Congrats!!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    You look amazing
  • KierstyPants
    KierstyPants Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful.
    70 pounds is so great.
    And i love your hair ;D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!