Suggestions?

Options
So I snack A LOT! Suprisingly I'm not heavier than I am. I have set my calorie intake at 1320 but I can't stop snacking. So was wondering what some of the best snacks out there are? I try not to eat more fruit than needed because of sugar content. Also want to keep my sodium LOW LOW LOW.. I don't want answers of just Eat Veggies, how can I eat more veggies what are different types of ways to eat yummy healthy food. I'm very plain. I never add spice or salt or pepper or anything to food. So would love some ideas.

ps. I don't snack a lot because I'm not drinking enough either I drink a healthy amount of water daily :)

Thanks in advance !

Replies

• Andee08
    Andee08 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I like Hummus and vegetables, dried fruit (the kind that does not have all the added sugar), 100 calorie packs, almonds. Those are just some ideas.
  • AKAMrsR
    AKAMrsR Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge snacker. I do eat a lot of fruit and veggies (and I don't worry so much about the sugar in fruit since its the best kind you can get). But I find that anything with a lot of fiber is filling, popcorn has few calories per serving. Sorry I don't have more suggestions! Good luck finding something that works!
  • MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    A hand full of any kind of nuts has protein and good fat and will keep you full longer
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    cheese strings
    nuts [macadamia if you can afford them]
    100 calorie popcorn
    hungrygirl.com has lots of ideas and recipes for things like muffins and stuff...

Hollycat
    :flowerforyou:
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    5 cups of air popped popcorn, plain, has 100 calories & 0 sodium. I personally cannot eat popcorn any more due to diverticulitis, but before I had to eliminate it from my diet, it was one of my favorite snacks. Also, I put grapes in the freezer ~ love, love, love some frozen grapes for snacking! Hope this helps!
  • Hollirot
    Hollirot Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I just found the most AMAZING snack ever. At Wal-mart they have these white cheddar popcorn chips (Indiana Popcorn brand) & you get eighteen chips for only one hundred & thirty calories. Love them!
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    you can eat quarter or half portions of meals.
  • Jhillian
    Jhillian Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hey thank you for some great ideas.. I always forget about nuts, I do have almonds around. Not a huge popcorn person.. I've never tried hummus maybe I'll have a go. A good idea on the splitting my meals up.. Thanks so much.. Think I might go have a snack now :)