skinny cow candy

Options
kklindsey
kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
has anyone else tried these? they had them at the gas station when we were going to the drive in and i found them at walmart today. finally a real candy I can take to the movies for under 200 calories!

Replies

• velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I tried them the other day and they made me sick.. I think it is the artifical sweetner in it. I think its called malatol. Gave me bad gas pains and upset stomach.

Too bad as they tasted really good!

4925355.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • somuchloveco
    somuchloveco Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes and I think they are pretty good. I liked the little turtle ones better than the bar. Hope you enjoy your special treat and great job on your weight loss so far!
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    so sorry they made you sick. I have only tried the turtle so far, bought a box of them and a box of the bars.
  • kbeach08
    kbeach08 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I loved them both! :D
  • kristiedavis1
    Options
    I liked the ones I got to taste. My youngest son took them for a treat. He really liked them.
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    the dark chocolate turtle ones are great
  • nikkidee1983
    Options
    The turtle ones are good. I didn't care for the bar.

Russel Stover has sugar free candies which are pretty good, but beware that three pieces is about 160 calories.
  • trishtrish84
    trishtrish84 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I have never tried the candy but I do believe that skinny cow has ice cream. I seen them at CVS one day when I stopped in and they are only like 150 calories or something for the little container thing it comes in. I tried the chocolate fudge brownie one and it was AMAZING!
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    It's honestly not worth the calories in my opinion. You get as much food as those crummy 100 calorie packs, so I guess if those do it for ya, then it could work for you.
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    mmm I'm gonna have to grab some of these next time I'm at the store!
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I tried them the other day and they made me sick.. I think it is the artifical sweetner in it. I think its called malatol. Gave me bad gas pains and upset stomach.

Too bad as they tasted really good!

Ditto, I just can't do the artificial sweeteners anymore..
  • KotyTyler
    KotyTyler Posts: 3,604 Member
    Options
    Yes! I just had some today as an afternoon snack. I had the Dreamy Clusters and love them!
    Regarding the malitol, it is an ingredient and effects different people in different ways, but I've never had a problem with the clusters, turtles or heavenly crisps. Love Skinny Cow ice cream too!!
  • Chantielicious
    Chantielicious Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Love them, buy them weekly. tast great, no weird side affects...fits into my calorie counting!!! Take them everywhere. I love all of the skinny cow products.
  • porterwifey
    Options
    I haven't tried them but I have got to find something to fill my sweet tooth!
  • KotyTyler
    KotyTyler Posts: 3,604 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers also has caramel chocolate patty that are 53 cals each, but contain malitol also, but they are to die for!!

I get them at Walgreen's
  • singalls
    singalls Posts: 2
    Options
    They sound interesting.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    :) I really love them.

But, I'll be honest -- for an extra 80 calories, I'd much rather have an entire Hershey's chocolate bar... And butterfinger snackers are only 170 for a pouch.
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I find the whole Skinny Cow brand a little overrated, they cut out fat and add chemicals and still punchy a decent amount of calories. I will take fruit any day.
  • Dramatic456
    Dramatic456 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    They're good, but as with any sugar-free/ reduced candy you have to limit your intake or they will realllly upset your stomach. People who got sick on them might have had too many in one day.
  • darconnor
    darconnor Posts: 49
    Options
    Love them, buy them weekly. tast great, no weird side affects...fits into my calorie counting!!! Take them everywhere. I love all of the skinny cow products.

I tried them and said out loud, "Skinny Cow, you have done it again!". I loved the Dreamy Clusters. I bought some flavor that is a bar, too. I will indulge very sparingly. Had both for about a week and only had one pouch so far. Like someone said; great for the movies. I'm a muncher; and really ... as much as I am dedicated to a healthy lifestyle - I'm not digging the idea of eating an apple in the movie theater. lol