Exercising after dinner...

Options
Okay so I was doing my 30 minutes of toning, and then something came up and I had to go drive my little sister to a friends house and when I came back I was so hungry I had a cup of quinoa pilaf...how long should I wait before I do my cardio now? Gosh I wish I could have waited to eat until after my cardio but when I got back home I felt lightheaded and I just really needed to eat. Any input would be appreciated so I know for next time! Thanks, MFP :)

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I'd say 30 minutes.
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Yeah half hour to an hour depending on how much you ate..
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I think this varies person to person.

I have to give myself AT LEAST 1-2 hours between eating and working out - otherwise I threaten to vomit all over the place.

I'd say anywhere from 30 mins to an hour should be fine - I don't think most people have as sensitive of a system as I do.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I almost always exercise after dinner. It's the only time I have. Wait 30 minutes or so to let everything settle. If I drink a cup of water when I finish eating that seems to help. If I start too soon after eating I just feel sluggish and generally yucky.
  • hail87666
    hail87666 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I generally do gym workouts in the evening. Have my tea at 6, and then go to the gym at 8pm. I find I can't workout before my meal as I don't have the energy
  • hail87666
    hail87666 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I generally do gym workouts in the evening. Have my tea at 6, and then go to the gym at 8pm. I find I can't workout before my meal as I don't have the energy
  • stephnsuarez
    stephnsuarez Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Alright thanks guys! Good to know. I think I might wait an hour or more because I feel pretty stuffed. Thanks!