Cheat days?

Options
2»

Replies

• debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Okay, so basically, I have alloted myself 2 "cheat days" a week. Tuesdays and Fridays I will eat something i'm generally "not allowed" to eat. Does anyone else do this? I plan on cutting my "cheat days" eventually (definitely not forever, I promise) but for now, I kind of feel that if I don't have a cheat day, I will give up completely.
    Tuesday is a cheat day because I usually like to eat a "forbidden food" (like ice cream or a cookie) while watching PLL.
    Friday is a cheat day because it's my husband and I's date night.
    So far I haven't had any real problems and I still haven't gone ridiculously over my calorie goals set out by MFP. Just wondering if anyone else does it. :)

I sort of have a cheat day but there are a few things that are important to me about it. I don't go "hog wild", for one. It's planned, in a way. On Fridays, I have margaritas (two) with my work buddies and plenty of chips and salsa. I've been doing that for a few years and didn't want to give it up. I don't always go over even, and I make a point to have my best work out on Fridays.

If I were to say "today is my cheat day and I can eat anything I want", I'm not sure how that would work for me. I also wonder about people who have unplanned cheat days-- like they binge and then, retrospectively call it a "cheat day". That seems counterproductive to me, but I suppose different things work for different people.

Finally, I like the mindset of the posters on here who talk about giving up cheat days and just trying to eat in moderation. I wish I was there :))

Best,

Debbie
  • RozeGod
    RozeGod Posts: 118
    Options
    i call it treat day instead, makes it sound like more of a reward for doing well all week rather than cheat which sounds like youre doing wrong :smile:

What a great way of looking at it - who needs the guilt anyway??
  • karlajohnson123
    karlajohnson123 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Cheat days? No one told me I could have cheat days!!!! Bummer! lol