Hello, I'm new!

Options
I joined this site the end of June and have lost around 8 pounds. It really showed me in no uncertain terms how sorry my nutrition was! I knew I was out of line with the fats but I was running almost double..not good for the arteries. I have had a lap band for over 3 years, lost 87, gained 40 back. I worked hard and exercised a lot to get that 87 off, but sure enough, when I couldn't exercise it came back with a vengeance. I helped it come back with my "all or nothing" attitude. Orthopedic/arthritis issues are down to a dull roar so I'm walking and enjoying seeing the scale move down again! I am fighting the anger of having to lose the same pounds...again. The band helps but can't fix the emotional eating, it also seems that my favorites are the high fat "slider" foods that you can use to overeat the band. I really want to make a lifestyle change for good, I'm tired of playing the numbers games with the scale!

Replies

• tlzidon
    tlzidon Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi there. The first big step is to realize you want to change and recognize what needs to change, which it sounds like you have. I am fairly new to this site to, but have found a lot of support from others that still have to lose or are in maintenance mode. Like you, I found out how off my nutrition was when I started logging everything I ate. This is very important, dont not log something because of what it may show. I have found that once I started to eat healthy, I didn't crave the unhealthy stuff so much. It takes awhile to change, but it can happen. You just have to learn what triggers your emotional eating and then figure out how to deal with those triggers in a new way. :)
  • suesq2
    suesq2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there. After 30+ years of being overweight. I was diagnosed with multiple food allergies. Wow, so now after feeling sick and gaining a lot of weight, I lost 65 lbs. in 2009 and kept it off until an injury to my foot occurred and I could not walk or do my stationery bike. I have gained back 20 lbs. and am trying to get back on the exercise wagon so to speak. I say all this to let you know you are not alone and we can all work on getting into better shape. First, don't beat yourself up and you have decided that something needs to change. Thanks for being honest and may we encourage each other to keep on the right path and to not give up. :wink:
  • masonmst
    masonmst Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    WOW! You are in the right place.....good job for wanting a new better you. Keep strong!! I believe you have it in you to make this time the succuess of your life!! Just remember to ask for help!!! Instead of turning to the food turn to someone to talk or just put up a post. Good job on the 8lbs!!
  • Jojokayn
    Jojokayn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. This is my first post, little nervous! I love myfitnesspal it is perfect and very easy to use. I know it wil take time to get to my ideal weight, I am up for the challenge. Good luck and best wishes for all!!
  • lsgrif
    lsgrif Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello all my new fitness pals and Poppyspice, I'm new here too, I joined the end of June and I have
    lost 10lbs, I was at 213lbs when I started..I was in a car accident last June
    and from being in pain and losing my Job due to the accident and basically
    not being active I put the pounds on quick..I figured out that if I was able to
    lose the weight , the pain would be less, I really have notice a big difference
    since starting my diet, I don't snoore as much, I can somewhat bend to tie my
    shoes without turning 3 shades blue and I notice some diffence in my pain
    level in my neck and back and I sleep better...My goal is to reach 135- 140lbs
    Good luck to all my fitness pals on their weight loss, I could sure use some
    snack ideas and to try so meal receipes..:wink: