Safe number to lose

Options
ok...so I'm 223lbs right now...what do you think is a safe and healthy amount to lose every week? I was thinking I could lose 2 a week, but I have a hard time keeping my calories where they should be....I can eat 1890 and I'm a food addict so to go lower might just kill me...hehe...
I guess my question is what kind of number someone of my size should be losing a week?

Replies

• yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Start with a goal of .5/week. When you're used to that calorie intake change to 1/week. Then adjust again as your body adjusts to the calorie allowances.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I started at 242 (and I'm 5'7") and I was set at 2lbs a week to lose but it was too tough for me to suddenly drop that low, so I set it to 1.5lbs a week and the first few weeks I still lost more than that.

I am VERY diligent though and I measure everything I eat and exercise 5-6 days a week. I started with just walking but it was still that many days a week.

Also the more you exercise the more you get to eat. It IS important to eat back (some/most) of your exercise calories.