Not hungry...?

Marianna194
Marianna194 Posts: 145 Member
edited September 29 in Health and Weight Loss
Okay, so I know there's a lot of questions and confusion around how many calories to eat. I know that you SHOULD preferably eat your exercise calories, and that you must net 1200 calories a day, minimum. So my question is kind of going against this knowledge, but I'm still unsure of it, so I'll ask it anyways.

What if you're not hungry anymore?

For the last 4 days or so, I've been a eating a few hundred less calories than what is necessary in order to reach 1200 cals. I also haven't been able to exercise in the past 2 days...I just can't seem to reach 1200, no matter what I do. I think I eat enough, since I'm not hungry, but I'm just unable to find any high-cal enough foods in order to fill up the day's intake...does this matter? Should you listen to your body, or listen to the counter?

I certainly don't want to go into starvation mode, so I'm kind of worried. Suggestions?

Replies

• hunterzmomma
    hunterzmomma Posts: 121
    man I would be so happy to not be hungry!! just don't eat if you don't need to!
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    I know, lol me too! I'm hungry all the time it seems. I recommend peanut butter or nuts to fill in calories. Or even a healthy cooking oil while cooking.
  • fabi8081
    fabi8081 Posts: 232 Member
    CAN YOU MAKE YOUR FOOD DIARY PUBLIC SO I CAN SEE WHAT YOUR EATING. IF YOUR HAVING A HARD TIME METTING 1200 CALORIES THEN I NEED TO TAKE A FEW NOTES.
  • DarkOctoberNight
    DarkOctoberNight Posts: 111 Member
    I wish I had your problem. I feel like I don't get enough calories a day.
  • DJmom44
    DJmom44 Posts: 91
    "A few hundred" under 1200 is not good. Your body needs the nutrition whether you're hungry or not. Not only that, but this is a lifestyle change...no one can live the rest of their life on a few hundred calories under 1200. Your diary is closed, so it's hard to make a recommendation without seeing what you're actually eating. You should be eating fruits, vegetables, lean protein, & whole grains.
  • Have you tried drinking some protein shakes? They are good as well as nuts, peanut butter, a protein bar...stuff like that. You definitely don't want to go into starvation mode, so eating or drinking to get to 1200 calories a day is important.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    What's wrong with icecream, a cookie, or a handful of chips? :blushing:
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    My take on this is enjoy it while it lasts and listen to your body. If it goes on for more than a week, than you might have a problem. Sometimes I am busy, eating high protein and just not very hungry. It never stays that way for very long. I refuse to eat when I am not hungry. period.
  • I just posted something similar to this.....I say listen to your body. If you know you're eating then you definitely aren't starving!!!!
  • I'm having this same problem! I'm eating what seems to be enough food, I eat when I'm hungry, and I almost always hit 1200 HOWEVER with exercise being added in this is becoming much harder. Feel free to look at my diary to help!
  • YooHoonewyou
    YooHoonewyou Posts: 8 Member
    Peanut butter is loaded with calories. A cpl tablespoons a day will yank up your calories and protein. I got stuck while eating 1200 and burning about 4-500. So, I don't let my net calories go below 8-900 and I am losing again. That is my sweet spot...for now. Everyone is different. I find peanut butter is great to boost the calories and helps when you want something sweet also.
  • md921
    md921 Posts: 8
    You will lose weight
    What you don't wanna lose is your hair, skin, vision, periods, bones etc etc. You're body needs thousands of nutrients, including carbs, fats and proteins.

It's only been going on for 4 days, so this might pass. But this might be a sign of a medical problem. If it lasts >1-2 weeks or if you have any other symptoms see a doctor.
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    I will often not feel hungry the day I exercise, but I am usually really hungry the next day. So I listen to my body, since I know that I will be hungry -- and I allow myself to go over within the next day or so. I wouldn't let it go for more than a couple of days, though.

If you decide to listen to your body, then make sure that you allow yourself to go over calories when you are hungry! Once you get into this "deficit" mode, it is so easy to watch the calorie count and be tempted to not eat even when you're hungry!
  • hunterzmomma
    hunterzmomma Posts: 121
    What's wrong with icecream, a cookie, or a handful of chips? :blushing:
    yes yes!!
This discussion has been closed.