addicted to chocolate

Options
Anyone have a tip to stop craving the yummy treat???

Replies

• hanz8203
    Options
    Anyone have a tip to stop craving the yummy treat???
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    try going to your local healthfood store and buying some sort of "craob" treat. I like it, my local store has a carob spirulina energy bar that is pretty delicious. Another thing too is to go ahead and eat dark chocolate, just figure it into your daily intake
  • hanz8203
    Options
    chers ill check it out
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    If I had a magic pill that I could take to stop craviing chocolate, I'd be able to sell it on EBAY for a million bucks. I don't think there is a way.

Give in to the craving once in awhile. But eat LESS. Learn to let that chocolate melt slowly on your tongue, giving you a chance to savor it and fully appreciate the flavor.

I buy ONE bar, eat a third, and give the remainder to my kids or BF. That way, I can enjoy the little bit of it, and don't have to worry that I'll cave in and eat the rest - because it's GONE!! :laugh:

And log it. If I exercise a little harder, I've earned the right to indulge in that peice. Then I'm set for a week, or more.!! Works for me anyhow.!!
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I go for a Hunt's Sugar Free chocolate pudding... doesn't always work but it helps immensely.
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    coco powder with 1 pack of 0 Calorie sweetener and 1/2 Cup of ricotta cheese
    got this from the south beach diet!!

or buy meal replacement bars and cut them into little squares to make it feel like lil chocolate cubes!

also you can always try 70-80% dark chocolate. this is good for you in moderation :flowerforyou:
  • hanz8203
    Options
    thats the best idea ever chers:) !!!!!!!!!!
    im sure my fella will enjoy that to
  • pinkyjane48
    Options
    I LOVE IT!
    It is so hard to say I will give it up, but I did find a good stand in- If you like those little Andes Mints, each one is around 25 calories & like 2.5 grams of sugar each, so it helps me take the edge off my chocolate craving without undoing my day :) I usually allow myself 2, puting me around 50 cals, so its easier for me to not spend time worrying about whether or not I should just go get that KitKat, haha!
  • bhdb
    bhdb Posts: 17
    Options
    I have always loved chocolate.. Now that I'm trying to lose weight I have started to eat muesli bars with chocolate flavor. And drink all sorts of soy drinks. There are all sorts of light versions available with reasonably low calories.

And I also let myself eat an occasional candy bar. I'm dieting - not torturing myself :smile:

It's not necessarily always about what you eat - it's how much you eat that you should pay attention to.