Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Eatting exersice calories= gaining weight? or Losing?

I was really Hungry today! I ate back all of my 985 calories I burned on the treadmill. Will I gain weight by eatting all my exericise calories? I want to weigh-in tommorrow and I am so nervous becuase I had kind of a bad two days on Tuesday and Wensday where I just wanted to eat everything! But the rest of the week I did good. But today I feel like a messed up just like the other two days but I worked out. But I ate all my exercise calories back! I am kind of angry. Has anyone else had these type of days? And have you lost eatting your exersice calories back?

Replies

• DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    I have definitely lost in the long run by eating almost all of my exercise calories back. My weight does fluctuate daily by a couple pounds up or down but I know that is dependent on fluid retention at the time.
    Edited to add that I drink 10-15 glasses of water a day which helps A LOT.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,312 Member
    I pretty much always eat all my exercise calories back. You calorie deficit it calculated with no activity, that is why MFP has you eat your exercise calories so you don't get too big a deficit.
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    There are a lot of discussions on this already if you want to do a search of the forums... I think the most crucial thing is whether or not you are estimating your calories burned correctly and the amount of calories consumed. No one is perfect at getting their numbers in, so at least for me I've been successful by being conservative in my exercise calories counted and I try not to eat them all back. IF you are accurate in your calories, then you should still lose weight as long as your net amount is where it should be.