small food rant

Options
circusmom
circusmom Posts: 662 Member
Went to Red Lobster for dinner, and the Hubby and I split a dessert, the chocolate chip molten lava cookie. I thought it's only half how bad can it be.....OMG.... 535cals, for half!!! Are you freakin' kidding me!!! that was almost as much as my whole meal!! I will never eat dessert out again, that is crazy, what do they do, vacuum pack extra calories in every nook and cranny. UGHHHH, I'm so pissed I didn't look up the cal before we went, I would have NEVER eaten it!!!!
Thanks for listening, I'm now off to walk an extra couple of miles before bed, @$#*!!!!!

Replies

• cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    This is why they say not to eat out on a diet. I love to eat out but in California there's a new rule about calories being on the menu and it's shocking how easily one can go over calories! Not to mention the fact that these counts are likely their lowest estimates! :noway: I feel your pain, but you'll be fine.
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    I know the feeling! You prepare yourself all day for the dinner out and then get slapped in the face by dessert! Just accept the learning experience! We now know that molten lava cookie is evil!!! And you've saved so many people by warning us!! Thank you!!!
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hope it was very, very yummy! :noway:
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    One day don't ruin it all - but I would definitely skip dessert next time (and if it makes you feel better, I was discussing with my boyfriend going to Red Lobster and how I wanted the dessert too -- now, I think I'll skip it! So, thank you!).

I don't go out to eat very often - not because of calories, but I prefer to cook my own meals so I know exactly what is in them - but when I do, I usually am careful all day so I can enjoy my time at the restaurant.

So. Don't fret about it. It's only meal. One day.

Tomorrow is a new day! :)
  • rnprincess
    rnprincess Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I travel quite a bit for work (just got back from 9 days away from home). So with travelling I have to eat ALL meals out. I have learned that unless the dessert is in the small shooter type style that is now popular it is out of the question. Also, the appetizers-they are usually worse than the meals. It is possible to lose while eating out, but you have to be super careful.
    P.s. I hope it was at least good-and at least you only ate half when in the past you probably would have eaten the whole thing!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Next time stop at McDonalds on the way home for an ice cream cone. Only 150 calories!