Acupressure Therapist Shares Ancient Chinese Secret...

Options
ImNotThatBob
ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
Has anyone noticed or documented the effect of when you go to bed on your general feeling of health, vitality and well being?

My Chinese acupressure massage therapist tells me it isn't getting 6+ hours of sleep that is important, it's getting to bed by 10pm and being asleep by 11pm for 6+ hours of sleep that supports the body's natural cycle for rest and repairing the organs and tissue.

She says that even just doing it for two weeks, you can already notice the effects especially on the skin of your face, it will be smoother, less wrinkled, brighter and healthier. I'm thinking of putting this to the test.

Anyone else want to try and report back?

Replies

• LeelaLosing
    LeelaLosing Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    yeah i'm down for that experiment! i need to gradually start going to bed earlier though, i can't just go cold turkey! will plan to start monday :-)
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    Count me in! I've been trying to get to bed by 10 every night, and haven't been successful so far. So if I have to be accountable for it... :)

Thanks!
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    im totally down for that... man shooot i should be sleeping right now... oh well.. ill start tomorrow lol
  • Lewre
    Lewre Posts: 22
    Options
    I'd love to put this to the test. However, I'll be travelling a lot in the next few weeks over several different time zones. I'll be watching this thread though and am gonna try it out myself once I get moved and settled into one time zone. Lol. I'm anxious to read your results!
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I wish I could do this!! Unfortunately I work in an emergency services job that has me on rotating shift work... so I don't go to bed at the same time every night - it's impossible! For example right now I'm working 9pm - 7am... did your accupressure massage therapist have any suggestions for shift workers? Would love to hear feedback from anyone as I know working shiftwork wrecks havoc on one's natural circadian rhythm.
  • ImNotThatBob
    Options
    im totally down for that... man shooot i should be sleeping right now... oh well.. ill start tomorrow lol

I was just sitting here LMAO thinking the same thing. I guess tomorrow it begins then. :wink:

@Lewre I know how you feel. Travel, especially across time zones really does a number on your body... be sure to :drinker: a lot (water, not alcohol) and join in when you can.

This is going to be fun :happy:
  • DanceYogaRun
    DanceYogaRun Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I'm in. This is a goal I've had for a while, but it stays on the back burner. I'm getting up at 4 am weekdays this month for boot camp, so this is an excellent starting point for me.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,273 Member
    Options
    Getting more sleep was on my list for the summer so this is great idea. Yes Friday night may not be the best time to start.
  • ImNotThatBob
    Options
    I wish I could do this!! Unfortunately I work in an emergency services job that has me on rotating shift work... so I don't go to bed at the same time every night - it's impossible! For example right now I'm working 9pm - 7am... did your accupressure massage therapist have any suggestions for shift workers? Would love to hear feedback from anyone as I know working shiftwork wrecks havoc on one's natural circadian rhythm.

I can totally relate. I used to be an engineer for the largest railroad in the country. For ten years I was "on-call" 24/7/365. When they called, I went to work usually for 10-22 hours. Then we had six and one-half hours "undisturbed" from the time we punched-out before they would call again giving us an hour and thirty minutes to be back at work ready to get on the next train.

Eventually they mandated that if we were on duty for 12 or more hours they had to give us 10 hours "undisturbed" which means they can call you after eight-and one-half hours. I feel your pain.

My solution was to walk away and become a consultant. It has improved my heath tremendously.

I will be sure to ask my massage therapist what she recommends for shift workers. Hang in there and make maximum use of your days off. Oh yeah, that's something else they didn't believe in on the railroad.
  • rob504
    rob504 Posts: 79
    Options
    I think may have started already. I was in bed and asleep by 10 pm last night.
  • rob504
    rob504 Posts: 79
    Options
    I think may have started already. I was in bed and asleep by 10 pm last night.

Looking at my profile photo which I took moments ago I'm not sure about the recuperative effects. ;))
  • ImNotThatBob
    Options
    That's why she said TWO WEEKS I think? LOL I looked at your profile to see what time zone you are in. I was hoping by "Yesterday" you really meant yesterday and not four hours ago. You're across the pond from me so it's already tomorrow there.
    "Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
    Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
    To the last syllable of recorded time,
    And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
    The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
    Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
    And then is heard no more: it is a tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    Signifying nothing." - Shakespeare - Macbeth Act 5 Scene 5
  • ImNotThatBob
    Options
    Heading for bed to give this a go for as many days in a row as I can manage. Wish me luck.:wink:
This discussion has been closed.