returning to exercise from injury

Options
iojoi
iojoi Posts: 378 Member
I am very happy to say (having been banned from exercise for 2 weeks due to a back problem) that I havent put on any weight as all .. . I have had some intensive physio so I have some exercises to do for that and I am 5lb off my holiday target but I am not worrying about in the circumstances. so I am looking forward to getting back to swimming properly tomora and adding the rest of the exercises back into my routine after my vacation to zakhynthos.

Replies

• iojoi
    Options
    feeling like billy no mates in this forum at the mo :)
  • dunedingirl
    dunedingirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I know how you're feeling....I have not been able to exercise for the last 2 weeks also because of injury. I go back tomorrow to see if I am able to again. I think I overdid it when I started exercising and aggravated a prior rotator cuff injury(shoulder) and have not been able to move very much. It is hard when you can't but I have been dancing a bit when I clean and swinging my legs when I cook trying to stay in some kind of motion. Unfortunately, i have been eating horribly also but haven't gained any weight. I guess my metabolism is still up there a bit even though I am not going to the gym. I try to walk the dog each day, carefully, and not relying on my hubby so much for getting me things ( he tries to help me because of the fibro). I also have a back injury so I know how frustrating and painful that is, you probably haven't been able to move at all. I am glad you are not worrying about a previously set goal for your holiday, enjoy yourself immensely and just take care of yourself. You will be back to moving again before you know it. Have fun on your trip and I hope you feel better soon!
  • Lazyboy09
    Lazyboy09 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Consider yourself lucky, my back injury kept me from working out for nearly 2 months :(

You can continue to lose weight with a controlled diet and no exercise. Exercise just makes it easier and helps you retain more muscle.
  • iojoi
    Options
    thanks for the replys
    the reason it worried me was that a previous back injury stopped me exercising for several years and I was petrified I was back in that place .. but thankfully that is not the case .. I am now swimming again but I wont restart my gym exercises until after the holiday and then I may restart using my punchbag again depending on how other exercises are going ..