an update-tryin to run and giving up booze

Options
so i've been managing to get up early, still not running, but baby steps people :)

plus soda of any kind is now banished from my diet which is good. tomorrow i'm going tee total. I did drink quite a bit and tonight i have a party so tomorrow I give up booze cold turkey.

This decision was made after careful thought whilst i was working out yesterday. If I'm putting myself through hell of weights, cardio and abs, why risk destroying all that work to do stupid **** and feel ****ing awful the next day?

To be fair my routine is hell on earth, I'm pushing myself harder and faster then I ever thought I could and it seems booze is my only vice left, and yes I know that drinking in moderation isn't the worst thing ever but this is about lifestyle change, and I don't want anything to stop me from feeling as good as when I put the weights down or succeed at a new exercise for the first time.

sorry if this sounded a bit preachy, i'm typing it as i spurt it out and am no longer going to apologise for how my mind works.

Replies

• SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    Options
    Thats good for you! You have the right mind set, and you will succeed. Good luck!
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I have also banned alcohol and soda from my diet. I only drink alcohol 2-3x a year and soda when I do not have a choice of water, which is very rarely now.