When do results start to show??

Options
I have been doing MFP for about a month now and working out regularly doing HIIT, P90x and kickboxing, weight training 6 days a week and staying within my calorie limit mostly all the time. I am 23 132 5'4. I am just curious how long you all think it will take to see toning results, fat loss around my stomach area? What have been your results??

Replies

• editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I started MFP in January and I was 190 pounds and after 30 minutes everyday workout and watching my calorie intake and only eating healthy with consuming lots of water, today I'm 152 pound and I feel awesome, so you will see the change every week.......

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Well, you're already at a pretty healthy weight for your height, so I think you'll probably spend more time taking measurements to see where your results are. I've lost 28 pounds since Christmas, 25 with MFP and I don't notice much change in my stomach when I look at myself, but I notice it in the way my clothes fit :) Keep up the great work!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    You're already quite small, so results are going to be subtle changes in body composition.

It's hard for us to see results in the mirror. They happen gradually. Plus, we're always our own worst critics. The best thing to do is take photos in a bikini with a self timer and compare every few weeks.
  • kelseyk14
    kelseyk14 Posts: 95
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice that helps a lot :D Nice to have a support group of POSITIVE people!!
  • ninpiggy
    ninpiggy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 127 lb so I can really empathize with you. I'd like to see a change in my stomach and thighs as soon as possible. But it's really difficult!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and my goal is 132lb. I am sure you look awesome already, if not I am sad cause that probably means I will have to go further too haha. Good luck with your toning, take some pics and see if you can see better progress that way!
  • kelseyk14
    kelseyk14 Posts: 95
    Options
    I am 5'4 and my goal is 132lb. I am sure you look awesome already, if not I am sad cause that probably means I will have to go further too haha. Good luck with your toning, take some pics and see if you can see better progress that way!

Thanks so much :) I have toned legs with quite a bit of muscle from working out and dancing before so that might add to my weight a bit since muscle weighs more than fat. I really just need to lose some fat around my tummy and love handles I can see "abs" forming at the top. I just have a BIG problem with patience LOL I am working hard and I want to see major results NOW. I didnt take measurements before like I should have because I am in South Africa and I dont have any way to do it yet. I need to do that. I guess I just need to keep working hard and be patient! Feel free to add me if you like since we are the same height its good to compare each other!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

Thanks so much :) I have toned legs with quite a bit of muscle from working out and dancing before so that might add to my weight a bit since muscle weighs more than fat. I really just need to lose some fat around my tummy and love handles I can see "abs" forming at the top. I just have a BIG problem with patience LOL I am working hard and I want to see major results NOW. I didnt take measurements before like I should have because I am in South Africa and I dont have any way to do it yet. I need to do that. I guess I just need to keep working hard and be patient! Feel free to add me if you like since we are the same height its good to compare each other!

You and me BOTH on the patience thing!! The abs thing too...when they start peeking out it's SO cool lol =D.

Also, you might want to quantify your 'muscle weighs more than fat' statement (I agree!), before the semantics police run you off. We all know 1lb of muscle is the same as 1lb of fat damnit (same for 1lb of eggs, feathers, or gold)!! We just don't feel the need to express it in terms of volume every freakin time =p.

By the way...I'm doing much less than you exercise wise (3 days a week, 30-45 minutes on those days), and the before and after pictures below cover a 3mo period, 6 weeks of which I was on a plateau. I lost almost 30lbs.

Cris