eating out

Options
I LOVE getting to eat out at lunch (don't we all need a break from the office???), but I've gotten just a little bored with the places I've been able to go since I started this diet. Does anyone have any suggestions besides Wendy's salads, Arby's Jr. Roast Beef, Panera Bread salads, Moe's Moo Moo Mr. Cow, or the greek restaurant's tomato cucumber salad and fruit cup? Thank you for any help!

Ooh, and I also just HAVE to share this. The hubby and I went to Ruby Tuesday's last night, and they have changed their menu again! They now offer grilled green beans and roasted spaghetti squash. They also have a combo meal with 3 sides and garden bar. PERFECT for those watching their calories. (I take my own bottle of salad dressing in my purse for the salad bar - unfortunately, their only low-fat dressing option is a balsamic vinaigrette I don't really like.)

Replies

• deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want just eat half or share =] or if you like salad get whatever salad but skip the cheese and have the dressing on the side.

Eating half is a really big help though it's saved me tons of times lol
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Chick Fil A small order of chicken nuggets with fruit cup works well. One of their BBQ sauces (Honey BBQ, I think) is also lo-cal

Do you have Sweet Peppers Deli or Jason's Deli? Both have lo-cal menu options.

At Panera, they list the sandwich calories on the menu board, and you can order half-sandwiches. I like the turkey artichoke half sandwich and the mediterranean veggie.

At Moe's I usually get the Vandalay Jr. Lite, myself. I'm not familiar with the Moo Moo thing.

At most fast food places, the regular hamburger is OK, it's the bigger burgers and the fries that'll getcha.

Anyplace with fish is good, if you eat fish. Just get grilled or cajun-seasoned fish with steamed veggies.
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want just eat half or share =] or if you like salad get whatever salad but skip the cheese and have the dressing on the side.

Eating half is a really big help though it's saved me tons of times lol

Oh yes. The Natives wanted Five Guys last night, and I literally cut my hamburger in half and wrapped up the other half. It worked; I'm down today!