Craving a candy bar? Try these!!!

Options
saltorian
saltorian Posts: 192 Member
All the deliciousness of a candy bar without all the high fructose corn syrup, "nougat," or crappy and cheap milk chocolate.
I'm certain I can't be the first person to post about these:

emeraldcocoaalmonds.jpg

...but DAMN are they worth another post! I swear I don't work for the company or anything, but I just bought these to try them and they taste really good. Crunchy, rich, and just a tiny bit sweet. They satisfy my hunger and your chocolate craving at the same time. Take a look at the nutrition facts:

almondnutrition.jpg

Now, 150 calories might be a bit steep for a snack if you're on a 1200-net-calorie diet like I am, but they're more filling than you think and if you're exercising they make great fuel. Not light on fat, but the fat in almonds is really good for you and they have a nice little shot of protein. If you're curious about the health benefits of almonds, there are a bunch of websites. Here's a good enough one: http://www.suite101.com/content/top-healthy-foods-almonds-a72419

So. If you have a chocolate craving or you need a really tasty way to get some more protein and good fats into your diet, you should try these! I also got the cinnamon roast ones and I'll try them tomorrow! :-)

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THOSE!!!!!!!!!!!

I eat 1-2 packs a day. Healthy fats and antioxidants, disguised as chocolate! Wooooo!
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I keep the 100 calorie packs in my desk at work. Yum! I also like the sea salt and vinegar ones.:drinker:
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    they taste like oreos
  • chubbychristianchick
    chubbychristianchick Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I just ate some for breakfast! Yummms!
  • mowfaux
    mowfaux Posts: 38
    Options
    I think I'm in love
  • deb_rn
    deb_rn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried them but I will look for them the next time I shop. Sound delicious! Thanks!
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I love these! I also love the cinnamon ones. I keep the 100 calorie packs in my purse for "in case of emergency" situations - I always have a healthy snack on hand when I'm on the go! I was at a Lia Sophia party two weekends ago and we played a game where the seller said a letter and whoever pulled something out of their purse first beginning with that letter got a point. You guessed it - I pulled out almonds for A! Everyone was like "who carries almonds in their purse?" Well, I do! I also had a wine cork for W, but that's a different post :)

Happy Saturday everyone!!
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    LOL I have them in my pantry right now. They also have cinnamon roasted almonds...yummmmmies!!
  • nancymmorris
    nancymmorris Posts: 310
    Options
    I usually eat one as my morning snack and one as my afternoon snack. Love them!!!
  • Mveler
    Mveler Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I am going to buy some of these for snacks. I need to get out and find a few 100 calorie snacks to have on hand.
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    they taste like oreos
    definitely trying them in this case!!
  • sweebeesmom
    sweebeesmom Posts: 148
    Options
    yum! I have some of these! So good!!!
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    The butter toffee are even better! They might be higher in numbers though...
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    looks great! if I can find them, I will get them! thanks
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Okay, I have seen these in the stores but never thought about buying them............... guess what I am getting today....hhmmmmmm :wink:
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    They have ones with the same chocolate almonds but with honey roasted peanuts thrown in as well. Delish!
  • Monica_in_MO
    Monica_in_MO Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Delicious! I buy the big one at our Sam's wholesale club. It's about $10 for a huge tub of them.
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I love those too! But I absolutely have to get them in the 100-calorie packs, otherwise I'd eat the whole canister! Haha
  • azingale
    azingale Posts: 74
    Options
    These are so, so, SO good! They're especially good for PMS, when a little extra iron, protein, and chocolate never hurt. ;)
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Ok now, I am hungry! Gonna have to find these!:love: