Pity Party with CAKE!

Options
Hi everyone! I am new to MFP and just getting used to the program. The trainer at my gym suggested the sight in one of his classes. Tracked my first day and didn't realize how much I was actually eating (wake up call!) I am 39 with an 18 year old son and a 15 year old daughter and I also have a 19 year old stepson. I was at my optimal weight and then alot of stressor in my life came all at once and I got really sick and gained 15 pds in a month and low and behold...my thyroid was all wacked out. Well, on meds and they say it is normal now BUT no weight is coming off! I work out 4 times a week but I am a chronic pain patient due to a motorcycle accident which left me with 14 broken bones and 8 surgeries. This makes is harder to work out and also I tend to have a pity party when I have a really bad week and everyone knows you can't have a party without CAKE!! LOL

This is probably my biggest downfall....SUGAR!! So if anyone wants to add me or just say hey... please do! I laugh at the pic I uploaded obviously it was too large of a file so only my chest area is in the pic..... too funny!

Replies

• rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:

I feel you about getting a wake-up call about how much you were eating. I was SHOCKED when I first started keeping a diary. This site freakin' rocks. Good for you looking for a support network right away. Not sure what I'd do without mine. Always love new friends. AND if you're havin' cake, I WANT SOME! ;-)

Ro
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I found that how much I eat has way more impact on my weight, and that exercise is just an added bonus. So, the wakeup call is a great step in the right direction. As the old G.I.Joe cartoons used to say "Now, you know, and knowing is half the battle."

Exercise is good for you, though, whether you lose weight or not. One of the biggest things it does is release endorphins to lift your mood (and might help with some issues of the thyroid, but I don't really know on that). So don't give up on the exercise, and just make small changes as you go on your food habits.

Oh, and I'm with ya on the sweet-tooth downfall! I just don't have much sweets in the house anymore! (I will save a little stash of "emergency" chocolate, so when I go through the checkout at the store and am tempted to buy a candybar, I remind myself I already have some at home and don't need to buy it. By the time I get home, put groceries away, etc, I've usually gotten over the urge)