Experts...Why would you lose at a much faster rate

2»

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,313 Member
    It was not really two weeks of no use, but very limited use. I was directed to bear weight on it, I could not bend the knee though. Having said that, my point is you can lose muscle in two weeks. Not the many pounds I lost on my leg. As for you, a week of eating freely can often help break a person out of a plateau. Constantly eating at a caloric deficit will result in plateaus eventually. They way to stop that is have occasional times where one eats freely. I have done that throughout my weight loss and have never had a plateau. Usually when I do that I will lose faster afterward although I put weight on during the free eating. I think the whole of my answer was there are simply too many things that it could be including muscle loss, water loss, or something else.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    I think the whole of my answer was there are simply too many things that it could be including muscle loss, water loss, or something else.

Definitely, and this I agree with 100%.

For me...it's the same thing, too many factors to consider. I was exhausted for a week prior from taking care of my sick kids, then violently ill myself for the first two days (that's what prompted the change in diet/exercise for 2 weeks), then...once that was over...(still exhausted), it was easier to pick up fast food etc than to go shopping and cook. Additionally, I switched my zig zag from a 7 day schedule, to a 3 day schedule (2 low 1 high)...along with the junk food.

That's part of the problem with any of us (I'm as or more guilty than others) giving advice based on our experience. Far, far too many variables to be able to say really anything with certainty.
This discussion has been closed.