How accurate is C25K's calories burned estimate?

Options
Any of you guys use C25K with a HRM or bodybugg? I'm starting C25K today but I spent all of my money on healthy food and now I'm saving for a bodymedia fit. Any help for me while I wait? I don't want to over or underestimate what I'm burning.

Replies

• debydoodles86
    Options
    When I run (usually a 9:30-10 minute mile), I burn 85 calories/mile. The estimates usually say you burn around a 100 for a mile, but I burn less. Hope that gives you a good starting point! :)
  • emilyr9602
    emilyr9602 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the c25k program, and I sat down and spent the time to go through the 9 week program printout and calculated the calories for each day/session. It took me about 35-40 minutes to do, but it was worth it for me because I don't have a HRM or anything else fancy. So I went through the exercise database and found "walking 4.0, jogging (13 min mi pace), etc. and added them all up for each of weeks workout program. Each session seems to burn between 155-190 calories for me!
  • northstar699
    northstar699 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    When I run (usually a 9:30-10 minute mile), I burn 85 calories/mile. The estimates usually say you burn around a 100 for a mile, but I burn less. Hope that gives you a good starting point! :)

I am assuming from your picture that you are thin/at your goal weight? I'm currently around 135 and am trying to get down to 130.