Puffy from Birth Control!?

Options
Has anyone had any issues with bloating from a birth control pill? I began a new birth control pill with a higher level of hormones. If so, how many months did it take for your hormones to regulate and unbloat?

Replies

• lauuue
    lauuue Posts: 12
    Options
    dont knwo
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    The standard to settle in on any new birth control is 3 months. If you look in the little booklet that comes with it, there will be a listing of 'normal' side effects you may encounter during the first 3 months of use. It will advise you to continue use and they should go away. It will also give you a list of 'stop using if,' but I'm pretty sure I've seen death on that list. lol
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I didn't bloat, I just gained weight. Drink extra water to keep yourself flushed and try cutting back on sodium. If it's bloating that will help. Other than that just stay on top of your calories and exercise to avoid any real weight gain.
    Generally it takes me about a month to get used to any new pill. That's why I've been on Seasonale (3 month pill) for a few years. I just can't take another change.
  • fitsaxon
    fitsaxon Posts: 57
    Options
    Some bc can make people retain water, this may be causing you puffiness. Everyone's body will regulate and adjust differently- if the puffiness/gloating is significant, I would speak with my doctor or change bc. The package should list possible lasting side effects- or you can look up consumer reviews online.