Your Legacy

Options
aliciadjackson
aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
What would you like your legacy to be? How do you want to be remembered? What do you hope others would say and how do you plan on making that happen?

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I want people to say I brightened their lives and loved others. I just want to help in any way I can.
  • adamswife01
    adamswife01 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I want to be remembered as someone that lives what I believe. Is always caring, an awesome mom and wife, and someone that when wrong always apologized and owned the mistake.

I was at a funeral and the minister said "on the gravestone its not the year you were born that is important and its not the year that you died that was important. Its that little dash in between that matters. What will you do with your dash." That really stuck with me and I will never forget it. How often we take for granted the - (dash) mark on our head stone is where all of our lifes ups and downs, wrongs and rights, happy and sads are represented.
  • aliciadjackson
    Options
    I want to make as much difference in people's lives as possible.
    I want others to say I brought more happiness and sunshine to their life than I ever brought sadness or hurt. I want them to say I was kind, generous, and always positive. I want them to say I was a good friend, dependable, and honest. I want them to say though things weren't always easy that I persevered with grace and strength.

I'm currently looking into volunteer options in order to give back to those who need it, so that I can hopefully touch as many people as possible.
  • aliciadjackson
    Options
    I want to make as much difference in people's lives as possible.
    I want others to say I brought more happiness and sunshine to their life than I ever brought sadness or hurt. I want them to say I was kind, generous, and always positive. I want them to say I was a good friend, dependable, and honest. I want them to say though things weren't always easy that I persevered with grace and strength.

I'm currently looking into volunteer options in order to give back to those who need it, so that I can hopefully touch as many people as possible.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I don't really care if I'm remembered. I live my life to please myself. That said, it pleases me the most when I help others, when I teach someone something, when I learn something, when I write something that someone else relates to, when I mediate a debate between two people and show them how their differences of opinion aren't that different or how to respect a differing opinion as being valid. I believe I'm most skilled in communication so I work with that as much as I can.
  • aliciadjackson
    Options
    I want to be remembered as someone that lives what I believe. Is always caring, an awesome mom and wife, and someone that when wrong always apologized and owned the mistake.

I was at a funeral and the minister said "on the gravestone its not the year you were born that is important and its not the year that you died that was important. Its that little dash in between that matters. What will you do with your dash." That really stuck with me and I will never forget it. How often we take for granted the - (dash) mark on our head stone is where all of our lifes ups and downs, wrongs and rights, happy and sads are represented.

I've heard that quote before too... it's stuck with me as well!
  • aliciadjackson
    Options
    I don't really care if I'm remembered. I live my life to please myself. That said, it pleases me the most when I help others, when I teach someone something, when I learn something, when I write something that someone else relates to, when I mediate a debate between two people and show them how their differences of opinion aren't that different or how to respect a differing opinion as being valid. I believe I'm most skilled in communication so I work with that as much as I can.
    You're definitely good at communication!
  • aliciadjackson
    Options
    bump .. because I want to hear more!
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I want to change the world for the bettet. I haven't figured out how, yet, other than leading by example. I am writing a book or two, though.
  • aliciadjackson
    Options
    I want to change the world for the bettet. I haven't figured out how, yet, other than leading by example. I am writing a book or two, though.
    *thumbs up*
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    I would hope that people say that I was an amazing mother who raised four beautiful, talented, wonderful children, and that I was always an active part of their live, that I was a loyal friend who was there for them whenever they needed me, that I always made people laugh, and that although I had gone through some horrible times in my life, that I always managed to smile and to make the best of the worst situations. I would also like to be rememberd for my love of sports, for advocating for sports programs for children in my town, and for helping to organize a charity that pays for participation fees for children's families that can't afford it themselves. No child should be denied the right to participate in sports because of financial restraints.
  • aliciadjackson
    Options
    I think it's fantastic that you're such an advocate of sports! I agree.
  • rubixcyoob
    rubixcyoob Posts: 395
    Options
    I want to be remembered for following my dreams and not letting anything stop me.

At 16 I got into university to study law.
    At 16 I fell pregnant.
    At 17 I had my son and went back to university 7 weeks later for the start of second year.
    A week shy of my 18th birthday I had completed second year university and learned to drive.

By the time I have just turned 20 I will have a Honours Law degree hopefully.
    By the time I am 23 I will be a fully qualified solicitor hopefully.

By the time I am 29/30 I will be applying for an Advocate traineeship.

By the time I am 40 I hope to be in the running as Lord Advocate or QC, or own my own law firm.

Nothing has, nor will, stop me following any dream I have.
  • aliciadjackson
    Options
    I want to be remembered for following my dreams and not letting anything stop me.

At 16 I got into university to study law.
    At 16 I fell pregnant.
    At 17 I had my son and went back to university 7 weeks later for the start of second year.
    A week shy of my 18th birthday I had completed second year university and learned to drive.

By the time I have just turned 20 I will have a Honours Law degree hopefully.
    By the time I am 23 I will be a fully qualified solicitor hopefully.

By the time I am 29/30 I will be applying for an Advocate traineeship.

By the time I am 40 I hope to be in the running as Lord Advocate or QC, or own my own law firm.

Nothing has, nor will, stop me following any dream I have.

Always keep that mindset and determination!