treats!!

Options
Bella0608
Bella0608 Posts: 196 Member
So every week me and my hubby used to treat ourselves to a takeaway more often than not it would be pizza!!
I do love a good curry aswell!!
I want to still have a treat every now and again just in moderation has anyone got any great recipes that they want to share??
Or if we do order a takeaway whats best to order?

:D

Replies

• LizToner
    LizToner Posts: 49
    Options
    I know that if you make your own pizza, you can control your calories, and add veggies. I put fresh spinach leaves on mine, and you can't taste them! I also put artichoke hearts and tomatoes and olives, and then you can use sugar free sauce or low fat mozzarella cheese... And it tastes SO much better!
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Agree with the homemade pizza, it's a regular feature on our dinner table every saturday night.
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    look on food.com. they have great recipes for just about anything you want to try, and you can sort them according to the most highly rated recipes. the problem with takeaway food is not just the higher fat, but all of the sodium/salt used in them, making it a double whammy because you retain so much fluid after.
  • mummyflippers
    Options
    Homemade (or takeaway) tandoori chicken is a good choice curry wise, I lurrrrve curry - shame about the huge naan bread I like to eat it with! :tongue:

Dominoes pizza do a reduced fat cheese option, and I prefer thin crust pizza anyway, so if I share one of those with my daughter and then fill up on salad it could be worse!

Nandos is one of my favourites too, yummmmm.

Louise x
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Domino's Pizza has a nutritional values PDF on their website...I've found the best one to go for is the Tandoori Hot (cos I like jalepenos), regular base with reduced fat mozzarella. I was shocked to find that the thin crust serves up more calories and fat :noway:
  • alison2429
    alison2429 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    We have an Indian takeaway every Wednesday after I've weighed in! Chicken Tandoori on the bone is the lowest in calories as far as I can tell. I have that most weeks with a naan bread and a couple of poppadoms and usually manage to only go over by a few calories if I haven't exercised that day.
    We all need treats!
    Good luck.
    Alison
  • alison2429
    alison2429 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Also Pizza Express do a lighter version of their pizza that has a hole in the middle that they fill with salad. Still fills you up and you don't feel left out.
  • mummyflippers
    Options
    Also Pizza Express do a lighter version of their pizza that has a hole in the middle that they fill with salad. Still fills you up and you don't feel left out.

Oooh, thats good to know, liking the sound of that, thanks!

Louise x
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    what a good idea, i dont have a pizza express near me but nxt time im gona google it 2 find my nearest 1, hopefully not 2 far away, i love pizza and i love salad. :bigsmile:
  • Bella0608
    Bella0608 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Found some lovley looking dishes on food.com thanks just need to decide which one we have first lol :smile: