New HRM - Polar Fans

SeasideOasis
SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
edited September 29 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey everyone. I am in need/want to buy a new HRM. I currently have a Polar Bluetooth+, but I think I want something that isnt completely connected with my phone. Keeping my phone on me at all times while playing tennis (which I do the most of any exercise) is not fun or easy.

To my HRM friends....
I definitely want a Polar (I like my current Polar and it is VERY reliable)
I definitely want a chest strap

What would you recommend?

Replies

• JustBill
    JustBill Posts: 93 Member
    I only have the FT4 but I'd highly recommend it. Works great and not too expensive. If you are tracking everything on MFP I don't think you need the additional capabilities of the FT7.
  • desirea2006
    desirea2006 Posts: 58 Member
    I just bought the FT60 and so far I'm loving it!! Very much like a personal trainer/tracker!! Reliable, durable, and kinda cute (got the pink one) with the chest strap. Its comfy and i love the little messages it sends me when I've had a good wee!
  • abutterflyemerges
    abutterflyemerges Posts: 101 Member
    I have the Polar FT60 and it comes with chest strap and GPS arm strap. I love this HRM. As far as connected to phone I don't think so.
  • thor9424
    thor9424 Posts: 40 Member
    I have the FT 4. it is not very expensive but works like a charm. I love it! I got it on amazon for 89.
  • anhaab
    anhaab Posts: 44 Member
    I have an older Polar and love it. I've heard great reviews on the Polar FT7
  • golferd
    golferd Posts: 400 Member
    polar 40 all good
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    I recently bought the Polar FT4 and am very happy with it.
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Polar FT7 is what I have and I absolutely love it!
  • warraxi
    warraxi Posts: 2
    i use the Polar FT7. its a chest strap/wrist watch combo. i think it works really well.
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    The FT4 I believe is the cheapest and like someone said, if you are using MFP you don't really need the extra features of the higher models.

I got mine on ebay from somebody who had bought it but never used it for 60$ and it's seriously the best present I've ever bought myself.
  • alison2429
    alison2429 Posts: 236 Member
    FT7 is great as it has a chest strap. if you want to track distance it doesn't have GPS which is an issue for me but wouldn't be for you if you mostly play tennis.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    I just bought the FT40, I had the F11 and am hoping the functionality is exactly the same. I would not suggest the FT4, it's okay, but doesn't base your estimated calorie burn on enough factors. Go for the FT7 at the minimum.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    look on amazon, they're super cheap.
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    FT4 got it on ebay brand new in package for $50 and i loooove it
This discussion has been closed.