New Here......Hi!

Options
My name is Dawn. I have always been able to gain weight.....but I could always lose what I put on. That is until I was 25/26. Since then, I put on 100 lbs within a year and haven't been able to get rid of it since.

I do have a condition called PCOS that is a big part of it, but there is a part that is my lack of dedication to eating right and doing proper activity/exercise.

That is changing. I want to be healthy and enjoy buying clothes and feel comfortable in my clothes again.

I am ecstatic about finding this site, and look forward to getting to know people here.

Talk to you all again!

Dawn

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome Dawn!! My daughter has PCOS. She had trouble losing weight until her doctor got her on the right medication.
  • wolfiesgirl
    wolfiesgirl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi Dawn, welcome! Feel free to add me. Good luck x
  • omgitsebby
    Options
    Hi! I'm Eboney, I'm a college student in Vermont, and I'm trying to lose a couple of pounds. I've been walking a lot, and want to lose about 30 pounds. I currently weigh 205lbs, and want to get down to 175 pounds by my birthday, which is in November. Wish me luck, and I wish all of you luck and blessings toward your goals as well : )
  • deb_rn
    deb_rn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    This is a great site to help keep you motivated! Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • LisaCFSF
    LisaCFSF Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm new here too and also have PCOS! I encountered the same problem (about a 45-50 wt gain in my late 30s-early 40s) and can't seem to lose despite healthy eating and vigorous activity. Hoping to finally get my metabolism back on track! Good luck!
  • tracikearns
    tracikearns Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    What is PCOS? I have a VERY hard time losing weight no matter what I do, not sure exactly what is going on...

I am going to send a friend request to you...I think being accountable and seeing what others are accomplishing will help us stay motivated and be more successful! Good Luck to you :)
  • DawnWendalynn1973
    DawnWendalynn1973 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Traci, it stands for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Its a hormone screw you condition. A lot of PCOS'ers have issues with having children too. The first signal of having it it irregular cycles with menstuation. That is what most have that sends you in the direction of getting diagnosed with it. But, it isn't always the case.

There is a really good site you could go to and find out info. I will inbox you the site, because I am not sure if I can post the site on the message boards.
  • LisaCFSF
    Options
    Wendalynn,

Would you mind sending me the link also?
  • cmcfl53
    cmcfl53 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello. I am glad I found this site. I was using Dr. Oz's Sharecare Move It or Lose It site which is also very good, but I could not seem to get any of the experts to respond to my questions and there are no recipe or food tips on there to help. I hope to find better support on this site.
    I need to lose 100 pounds. I have no problem with the challenge, in fact I look forward to it. I had lost 16 lbs with the other site but it was very slow. I hope to lose a little faster from what I learn on this site. I am in my 50's so I know this weight loss journey will be a challenge, but like I said, I am looking forward to it.
    So, let the journey begin!
  • DawnWendalynn1973
    DawnWendalynn1973 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Sure thing Lisa!!

*waves* Hi cmcfl53!
  • SunnyDispo619
    Options
    Good luck, Dawn! I found that my metabolism came to a screeching halt around that same age. I hope you find success. Feel free to add me if you need some friends for motivation and accountability (in a good/positive way).
  • LisaCFSF
    Options
    Thanks Wendy!