Quick Question

Options
bhelmreich
bhelmreich Posts: 254 Member
I made Kraft Mac N Cheese but I do not prepare it how they do. I use margarine and almond milk. Would I record this as the reduced fat way to prepare it?

Replies

• hrigsby
    hrigsby Posts: 31
    Options
    You can do that or add it in as a recipe and have them calculate the calories.
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    add up the exact calories in the ingredients you are using + what is on the box then compare it to what MFP has.
  • howellco
    howellco Posts: 22
    Options
    Im not sure if that would a reduced fat way of preparing it but my suggestion would be to turn it into a receipe on MFP. If you click the light blue Food tab, the dark blue banner underneath it has a tab called Receipes, I would create a receipe with the actual items that you used, include the number of servings and that way you will be much closer to acurate on the calories your consuming. I love the receipe tab! Just a suggestion!
  • jessimacar
    jessimacar Posts: 291
    Options
    You can choose the unprepared calories when you search it in the database, then add the amounts of whatever you added in.. Adding it as a recipe helps determine how much almond milk is in each portion, if you don't want to do the math yourself.