Where'd your username come from?

Options
TenLaws
TenLaws Posts: 273
How'd you come up with your username? What does it mean? Etc.

The first 3 letters of my first name are T-E-N, and yes, most people do call me Ten. The first 4 letters of my last name are L-A-W-S. TenLaws. There you have it!

Replies

• naneth
    naneth Posts: 1
    Options
    Mine is the translation for Mother in Elvish :D
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I had a really painful marriage and divorce. Gentlebreeze sounded refreshing.
  • nomorefatbitch
    Options
    It WAS onefat*****, but I got slammed on here for being too negative - so I changed it :)
  • leftymac
    leftymac Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm a left-handed Mac enthusiast.
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I had a really painful marriage and divorce. Gentlebreeze sounded refreshing.

That's beautiful. I hope you are healing now.
  • MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Mine is the name of my company
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    From my mom and dad. I didn't put much thought into picking a clever name. Now I kind of wish I had.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    chevy = the brand of car Dale Jr drives (and I do too!)

88 = Dale Jr's number

grl = Well, I'm a girl and gIrl was taken - so I took the "i" out.

I use this username for everything - email, here, yahoo, etc.
  • luscadero
    luscadero Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    when I was a kid I wanted to be leather tuscadero (suzi quattro on happy days!! Fonzi's girlfriend's musician little sister...) when I grew up, and the first two letters of my first name are "LU" so there you have it... :D
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    it started out as fairyjester , which i use everywhere, that came about when i was making an aim name, fairy came from i am very into fairys, Jester came from a character i was currently playing in a game was a bard, one of there professions titles was Jester, thought it fit for me. I got frustrated and canceled that accct.
    Made a new acct. Fairy comes from the original, and Miss comes from Missy my name
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    my name and my birthday.
  • cjasins
    cjasins Posts: 93
    Options
    Mine is the first letter of my first name and the first 6 of my last name.....not very original :(
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    From my mom and dad. I didn't put much thought into picking a clever name. Now I kind of wish I had.

you can change it once , when i made my acct over i first put fatassfairy but didnt sound nice so hanged to fairymiss.
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    it's my name and username for most things...
    BUT I'm going to change it soon most likely... to ActionJackson (a nicknamed I've earned around here!)
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I was born on this day and my parents chose my name, so I just went with it
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    In high school, my friends and I decided to come up with spy names (geometry was a boring class), and mine was Friday. The "just left" part came one day when one of the other spy kids (jeez, we were so lame) said "where'd Friday go? Oh, she just left". So that was that..and all of this happened my senior year, which was 2004. I just simplify my life by keeping that name..it's already on everything.
  • LillysGranny
    LillysGranny Posts: 431
    Options
    I think mine is obvious...I have a granddaughter named Lilly and she calls me "Granny." When Lilly was about 3, I was doing some amateur kickboxing and they put my picture on an event poster. When Lilly saw it, she said, "It's Lilly's Granny!" So, I had that name embroidered on my fight shorts.
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    My sister typed my name in website that translates your name into a vampire name. I thought it was different and kept it.
  • gothicprophet
    Options
    Mine is the translation for Mother in Elvish :D
    Which Elvish? :P

Oh, and mine comes from a nickname I got back when I was in vocational school...
  • DoozerDMB
    DoozerDMB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My nickname Doozer - (for those that may remember, the Doozers are the non-stop workers that lived beneath Fraggle Rock.) and my initials.