New to the site!!

Options
Hey, my names sara. I am 23 years old, I will be going to college in a little more than a month!!! My best friend sent me the link to the fitnedss pal and i thought i would try it out.. I've been working out 2 to 3 times a week for the past six months and i can't seem to loose any weight, i know why though.. i can exercise well, but when it comes to the food i get all lost and confused, and make bad chooses.. I will be taking a swiming class this fall when i go to college so im hoping that will help..

I love to read, and sing, and just being a normal 23 year old..

Replies

• sweetseraph7
    Options
    I am with you there. Food is my weakness. I'm 27 and I'm about 280lbs. I'll add you and we can do it together. this place is amazing!!! I assure you! you'll get great support and it was nice that your friend suggested this to you. keep it up! YOu'll get there :flowerforyou:
  • drogheda1
    drogheda1 Posts: 57
    Options
    Hi welcome....Are you doing the exact same fitness routine each time?
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    hi I'm older than you.. but we can still motivate each other.. so feel free to add me... this site has been amazing as far as seeing how much I was eating and putting in my body.. now its easy to log and make the right choices... and so many people to help encourage and motivate Welcome!
  • TeresaBarfield
    Options
    Many times it is important to think about not just calories but also think about how many times your body needs food. I know it sounds crazy but you need food 4-5 times a day. Eat breakfast between 8-9 because your body is in need of sugar then. Eat a snack around 10 so you dont go into fat storage mode. Eat lunch around 12 and another snack at 3. This help you burn more fat. I know all of this sounds crazy, but i have lost 40 lbs eating like this and walking a mile 3 times a week. I weighed in at 262 and did not want to be there I cried so much. Now I weigh 225. I can walk jog play with my kids all kinds of stuff. I am also a college student and walk first thing in the morning or do yoga a couple of days a week. Hope ths helps. Also think about portion size that is important. I can help with that too. Just let me know if you have any questions.
    Teresa
  • lilsnowbird
    lilsnowbird Posts: 112
    Options
    welcome to MFP....I have been a member for a week now and absolutely LOVE this site because of how it helps me track the food. Like you, I worked out 3 to 4 times a week but no weight loss and my eating habits or even lack of eating (starvation mode) were the problem.....I now eat regularly and healthy as best I can and have already lost 3 pounds.....all because of tracking what I eat ......yay....

Feel free to add me as a friend and good luck on your fitness journey....
  • SLRD
    SLRD Posts: 47
    Options
    Thank you all! I've been on this site for an hr. now i i soooo love it. just brosing around i think its going to help alot... thank you for your incuragements!!

* i had been doing the same thing every time i went, but about a week ago i stated adding the eliptical and changing what routean i do on the bike..

* I'm a very picky eater and it's hard for me to find good foods that i like.. how do i over come that?
  • TeresaBarfield
    Options
    What types of things do you like to eat? Do you like eggs, pbutter? Helping see what tyoes if foods you like to eat can help me pick a lit if meal or fast foods you can eat. Do you like salad? Eating salad with fancy leaf lettuce is very good for you. There are a lot of free foods you can eat like cucumbers, cauliflower, uncooked greens, celery, mushrooms, radishes, sprouts, cabbage, and water cress
  • TeresaBarfield
    Options
    A good thng to remember is portion size most foods a woman eats is about 1 cup. With each meal pick you should choose one fast carb (potatoes, rice, bread) one slow carb ( veg medley, carrots, green beans) and a protein the size of you palm. If you eat a sanwich cut crust off bread and use a lot of sugar free stuff. Most of it tastes really good. Also drinking a lot of water is important for losing weigh because it will help you eat less by keeping your stomach full. Hope this helps.