Meals with your other half

2»

Replies

• Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    My hubby will eat whatever is put in front of him or else he can cook his own dinner. Sometimes if I feel like making something that I know he hates, i.e. fish, I will cook him something different, but it's usually something really easy to make. Other times, like when he really wants pizza, I'll make myself something different or eat leftovers. Most of the time, though, we eat the same thing and I just measure everything I eat.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    I make him eat what I eat save for the vegetables if they're ones he doesn't like. I measure out my portions and he usually gets the rest depending on what I cooked.
  • BeverageTreats
    BeverageTreats Posts: 149 Member
    When I cook now the only big difference is I don't make a potato/pasta side. If he feels the need he can get some bread and butter to put with the protein and veg that I made.
  • Thamantha
    Thamantha Posts: 102 Member
    My partner and I take turns to do the cooking. We normally just have different portion sizes of the same meal. He will add cheese on top as well (we are both vegetarian), and then have more snacks to meet his calorie intake.
    I found it really difficult when we first moved in together because I would give him a large portion, and then give myself the same size portion, which lead to a lot of weight gain. It is tough eating smaller portions and watching him chow down a large portion with cheese, but it is the only option for weight loss.
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    my man is stubborn lol he eats what I make or he doesnt eat at all lol hes kindof a turd
  • kiki75243
    kiki75243 Posts: 194 Member
    I'm lucky my kids love veggies and fruits and my man is also trying to lose a little weight so for the most part the eat what I cook. I eat a smaller portion than him but other than that since I'm the one that does the cooking he eats what I make..
  • sharidiane
    sharidiane Posts: 212 Member
    If I cook, then I can make the recipes as healthy as I would like. My husband likes them, and doesn't complain. If he cooks ... well, it's another story, haha. BUT, I try not to complain, I will just have a MUCH smaller portion and I will have a big salad first. All veggies, no 'extras' on the salad like nuts, cheese, etc., and 40 cals of dressing.

I have to say - this is really working for us! Because he's in charge only one night a week, and I feel like I get the 'yummy' foods I would otherwise miss out on, but with no guilt. Like, this week he made chicken penne alfredo. Full fat, etc. And I portioned out a 400 calorie serving, and it was exceptional.
  • I make my own for myself simply because there's too much going on in terms of what we each can/can't/will/won't eat. I'm diabetic and that's a whole big deal, plus I'm trying to eat a really balanced diet.

My boyfriend has gluten sensitivities AND irritable bowel syndrome, so is on a pretty restricted diet and does no grains at all, very little or no seasonings/spices, etc.

We just find it easier to prepare our own meals!
This discussion has been closed.