Replies

• tara4487
    tara4487 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    whats working for you?
  • Michelemybelle
    Michelemybelle Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm doing the Paleo diet. Basically protein and veggies. I eat eggs, chicken breast, lots of fish, almonds, almond butter, unsweetened almond milk, extra lean ground beef and lots of vegetables. No fruit, dairy, grains, or sugar. I do occasionally have some 85% dark chocolate. My food diary is public. It seems a little extreme to some people, but it definitely works for me. I'm an all or nothing kind of person. I shoot for 1200-1300 calories a day and workout burning 200-250 calories using a heart rate monitor. I go to the gym 6-7 days a week and do cardio every day and strength every other day. I think that because I had so much to lose and I was basically sedentary before helped with the rapid weight loss. I do struggle with the fact that I probably should be eating more calories, but I'm afraid to let go of that control - it's a little obsessive, I know. I'm a food addict though - especially sugar. I'm four months in, and I feel like I'm still figuring it all out. I don't think I could have been so successful without the support I've gotten here on MFP. My friends on here are THE BOMB! :)