Hello to all

Options
I am new to this site and I am very excited to be here. A friend at the gym I go to recommended this site to me. So far, I am really liking it. I started taking better care of myself in August of this year. So far I have lost 16 pounds and I am excited. I have a long way to go to loosing an additional 42 pounds but I am in it for the long haul. Some days are easy and some are hard, but I just keep going. I no longer beat myself up if I slip and eat something I should not have or if I miss working out. I am human and I am allowed to make mistakes. The good news is I don't dwell on the mistakes, I learn from them. I am an emotional eater. I now know my triggers. I have learned how to redirect myself and not eat because of an emotion. This is a learning process and I am happy to learn something everyday. If anyone reads this, Thanks. If not, Thanks anyway. Writing this has made me feel a whole lot better.

Replies

• pweir1217
    Options
    I am new to this site and I am very excited to be here. A friend at the gym I go to recommended this site to me. So far, I am really liking it. I started taking better care of myself in August of this year. So far I have lost 16 pounds and I am excited. I have a long way to go to loosing an additional 42 pounds but I am in it for the long haul. Some days are easy and some are hard, but I just keep going. I no longer beat myself up if I slip and eat something I should not have or if I miss working out. I am human and I am allowed to make mistakes. The good news is I don't dwell on the mistakes, I learn from them. I am an emotional eater. I now know my triggers. I have learned how to redirect myself and not eat because of an emotion. This is a learning process and I am happy to learn something everyday. If anyone reads this, Thanks. If not, Thanks anyway. Writing this has made me feel a whole lot better.
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats to you.

I'm fairly new to this site as well and found it to be very usefult. I love the overall support system that is here. You are never alone and everyone to include myself has decided to make this a new way of life. It's not dieting it's become friends with the food you eat, learning what and how much you should eat, and understanding that we all slip. I wish you much sucess here and I know you will get to your goal.
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! :happy: You will find great support here.