Peanut Butter

Options
What are your favorite (preferably organic) brands of peanut butter that are tasty while still being low-cal and low-fat?

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Is there such a thing? I have stopped eat peanut butter because of the fat and calories. I have looked at all the different brands at different stores. I would like know too.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    No peanut butter is low calorie because nuts are not low calorie. I eat Smart Balance All Natural Roasted Creamy Peanut Butter. 190 cals, 4g protein and nothing but peanuts and oil. And to the previous poster, there's no reason to NOT eat peanut butter. It's natural! Going over on fat isn't so bad if you're eating GOOD fats such as nuts, avocado, olive oil, etc.
  • liveforfit
    liveforfit Posts: 39
    Options
    The lowest I could find was 180 calories, but I didn't look too far before deciding MFP would be able to help me out more. (: I know about the Nutella alternative (Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter) and that's about 170 calories for 2 tablespoons, but I love Peanut Butter and I'd like to find something below 125, but I'm not so sure if any of those exist!
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I've heard a lot of good things about PB2. Haven't tried it, but google it..you might wanna try it.
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Is there such a thing? I have stopped eat peanut butter because of the fat and calories. I have looked at all the different brands at different stores. I would like know too.

I agree! i love PB but have stopped eating it. they are all around 200 cals for a serving. dont get me wrong, they are good fats but eh..
  • jacque1109
    jacque1109 Posts: 129
    Options
    I just buy the Great Value reduced fat P.B.--- mainly because it's cheap... P.B. is a great snack and peanuts burn that belly fat.
  • liveforfit
    liveforfit Posts: 39
    Options
    Has anybody ever tried the MaraNatha Organic Creamy & Roasted Peanut Butter? Did you like it?
  • pkizzle7
    pkizzle7 Posts: 26
    Options
    Santa Cruz organics recently was featured on the yahoo home page as the tastiest!!! Believe or not #2 was Skippy natural.
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    My trainer actually suggests all natural almond butter. To me it tastes almost exactly like peanut butter but it is a little healthier because it contains omega 3 (I believe that is what it is). Even though PB is high calories my trainer actually recommends eating it.
  • threekidsforme
    threekidsforme Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I use PB2, it's a great peanut butter that has all of the oils taken out. It's 45 calories for 2 tablespoons instead of 190 cals for 2 tbsps of regular pb. Check out www.bellplantation.com for the products that they have. My kids absolutely LOVE the PB2 for dipping their apples in!! Hope this helps!!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Adam's, especially now that they have "crunchy" :)

Ingredients: Peanuts.
  • yogavegan
    yogavegan Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    There is a product called Better n Peanut Butter 100 calories for 2 Tbsp I believe. http://www.betternpeanutbutter.com/nutrition.php
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Thanks.
  • AshleyNicole8686
    AshleyNicole8686 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I agree that it is GOOD FOR YOU! If you enjoy peanut butter save some calories and go for it! I like Naturally yours with omega 3 and flax seed in it. It is amazing!
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I've used PB2 and it is very good. My kids go through too much peanut butter to make it cost effective for my current budget but it is a great item.

I usually buy natural peanut butter unless I"m at the fruit market. Then I buy their freshly made peanut butter.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I like Maranatha Organic unsalted unsweetened peanut butter. I'd stay away from the supermarket name brands, they are full of sugar and sodium. People who shy away from peanut butter because of the calories should think again because it is one of the better fats and proteins you can eat. To each his own I guess. Peanut butter on sliced apples is a great snack that stops the sweet and salty craving in its tracks.
  • Mills187
    Mills187 Posts: 171
    Options
    I LOVE Skippy 25% Reduced fat super chunk its 180 Calories and 12gs of Fat which is not bead because most of the fat is monounsaturated which is GREAT for you! thats for 2 table spoons as well which is enough for me :)
  • sh3lby03
    sh3lby03 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I always go with skippy natural, it's tasty:)
  • broadsword7
    broadsword7 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I am fond of Smucker's Natural Creamy, and they do make a no salt version. Or sometimes I grind my own at the store. I limit it to one tablespoon though. My preferred way is to take one banana, peel and slice it into four evenly sized chunks. Then take 1/4 of one tablespoon and smear that on each piece. This, coming from a guy who used to sit and eat peanut butter with a spoon while mindlessly watching the tube. Yeah, I was a galook.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Has anybody ever tried the MaraNatha Organic Creamy & Roasted Peanut Butter? Did you like it?
    Yes, I've tried most of the Maranatha peanut butters. I like the unsalted/unsweetened myself. They are all good. Some you do have to stir the oil in and I'm not a real big fan of those.