The scale hasn't moved ....

Options
harlanJEN
harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
Just wanted to vent a bit, but actually, I really am A-OK ! The scale hasn't moved in two weeks, but I"m eating and exercising on track and I feel great. My jeans continue to get looser and looser. I'm not discouraged, but I think it's a fact that we are all keyed in to that number on the scale! I want it all ! Loose jeans and a lower number on that dang scale !
It's happened before, then suddenly I"m down 4 lbs. What'cha think?

Replies

• dcladydi
    dcladydi Posts: 95
    Options
    Think you are losing inches and the pounds will follow... I think that is happening to me. The scale hasn't moved for 3 weeks but clothes are looser
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I put my scale away today. I'm tired of the control I was giving it over my moods at the start of the day. If you're clothes are getting looser, you are on the right track! Good job!
  • cabul3
    cabul3 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    i understand the feeling!
    3 weeks ago, i was 161 lbs. yesterday i was 162. but when i compared my measurements (chest, hips, waist) to 3 weeks ago, i was down 3.5 inches.... i'll take those inches off with pride, BUT i wish the scale would drop down, too....
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I think you'll suddenly go down a few pounds again. I equate this to the time in my son's life when he was doing so much growing. He'd be really sleepy and eat a ton and then suddenly shoot up an inch or two. Then his feet would grow another half size. And repeat.

If you haven't been, I might suggest measuring your waist, thighs, hips, etc. on a weekly or monthly basis. Since you've noticed your jeans getting looser (and I'm assuming you're washing them!) I'm sure the shrinking numbers on the tape measure will motivate you even more than the number on the scale. It's the more important way to measure ourselves, anyway.

Good luck and congrats on your success so far!
  • officiallymrswhite
    officiallymrswhite Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have to remind myself that the number is not everything. And remember...muscle ways more than fat! You may be gaining muscle and losing fat. If your clothes are fitting looser...that is a good sign that you are doing the right things! Keep it up!!
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Am in the same boat. I'm trying to not let it get me down, but I know it's hard. It's like the scale is saying "Ha HA Ha Ha!" or "Neener neener neener!" It's just disappointing.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're building muscle and your fat hasn't caught up yet so you should probably do more cardio if your routine is predominantly resistance or strength training.
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Same boat here! As long as the clothes are looser, I really don't care any more what the scale says... it will EVENTUALLY go down!

:wink:
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're building muscle and your fat hasn't caught up yet so you should probably do more cardio if your routine is predominantly resistance or strength training.
    I agree, and when your body finally loses the battle of wits with you, the losses will be dramatic. Don't give up! You're going to have some spectacular weigh-ins.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great responses ! I've changed up my exercise routine last night - Interval training. My butt was certainly kicked ! Still the same on the scale this week's weigh-in. Fingers crossed for next week !
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. I've been stuck at the same weight for a while and yet my clothing keeps on fitting more loose. Keep it up and great job!
  • shelld70
    shelld70 Posts: 106
    Options
    That has happened to me a few times. No weight loss for a week or so and then all the sudden 3 or 4 lbs in a week. Overall, my loss has been very steady. Don't worry that scale will go down! Keep up the good work! :happy: