Hey-- did you ladies know???

Options
Marla64
Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
Cheapo hair conditioner makes a LOVELY leg shaving gel? I was talking to the pharmacist the other day while picking up my daughter's insulin, and she said that she buys the cheapo kinds-- White Rain, Suave, VO5, et cetera-- and uses it as her shave gel.

Lo and behold-- I tried it, and it's so much nicer than soap, and not as gunky as the gels they sell for legs.

Another benefit of being 28 pounds lighter is it's MUCHO easier to shave my legs now. It was so difficult in my tiny shower at the height of my fatitude that I didn't bother-- plus, feeling so bad about myself didn't help (and time contraints, too-- blah, blah, blah-- my hair was so long I could braid it!

But, no longer!! LOL-- just thought I'd share my newfound leg wisdom. You may know all this already-- I don't get out much. :bigsmile:

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Cheapo hair conditioner makes a LOVELY leg shaving gel? I was talking to the pharmacist the other day while picking up my daughter's insulin, and she said that she buys the cheapo kinds-- White Rain, Suave, VO5, et cetera-- and uses it as her shave gel.

Lo and behold-- I tried it, and it's so much nicer than soap, and not as gunky as the gels they sell for legs.

Another benefit of being 28 pounds lighter is it's MUCHO easier to shave my legs now. It was so difficult in my tiny shower at the height of my fatitude that I didn't bother-- plus, feeling so bad about myself didn't help (and time contraints, too-- blah, blah, blah-- my hair was so long I could braid it!

But, no longer!! LOL-- just thought I'd share my newfound leg wisdom. You may know all this already-- I don't get out much. :bigsmile:
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I agree! I used to only use conditioner (it was the only thing that didn't give me a shaving rash).

Now I don't use anything but the running water. THANK GOD I don't get razor burn anymore, that's the worst.
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Wow, I thought I was the only one that did that. I also found this shaving cream by "Tree Hut" that works even better. You can find it sometimes @ Wal-Mart but I order it from "DrugStore.com". My daughters and I love it. You don't need huge amounts of it which is cost effective and it comes in 4 different blends. It also helps prevent those nasty "nic's" that can occur with shaving foams and gels and leave's all shaving areas nice & smooth.
  • Cassiet
    Cassiet Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    :happy: good to know I'll try it
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one that used conditioner for shaving...it leaves my skin nice and soft.
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna try that. Lats time I shave d my legs, I got rasor burn and I always get nick my ankles or knees. It hurts
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one that used conditioner for shaving...it leaves my skin nice and soft.

DITTO!!
    Glad to know we are all normal :laugh: