i have skipped the gym all week :(

Options
I just feel like i have no interest this week.
Didnt even care.
It stinks because I had a really good week last week...

Any gym pick me ups out there?

Replies

• sabes2631
    sabes2631 Posts: 403
    Options
    Didnt even care.

• LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I've had to drag myself a couple of times this week, and I felt 100000000000000% better after I went.

So just go! :tongue:

:flowerforyou:
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    as long as you stuck to eating good, no harm done.
  • sabes2631
    Options
    yup! i am going to pack my bag tonight for tomorrow and just SUCK IT UP! I know i will feel better...
    I actually have gained so quickly ... cuz without the gym, come the carns and bad food and no water...my arms and face show it.
  • sabes2631
    Options
    carbs not carns
  • msblondy16
    Options
    get cute gym clothes! i know that sounds lame but if i have cute gym clothes it makes me want to wear them. and they are the tight kind which makes me want to work out harder to not look huge in spandex! i also find that taking a class helps because they know if you dont go! burn baby, burn!! :smile:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Drag yourself back against your will one time. You'll feel so much better and get that endorphine rush that you'll be ready to go back the next day! Just do it, go back. You can do it!!
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Do it, no matter how much you feel like skipping it - trust me, I made this mistake a few years ago and put on 42lbs - it just aint worth it - trust me, you'll feel much better afterwards.

Try treating yourself to a new top or a manicure - anything you really want once you've been to the gym.

Hope this helps hun :flowerforyou:

Jackie xx
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I've been faithful to exercise-- only went over calories once the past three weeks-- and my blinkin' scale won't move.:mad: My 44 year old hormones are all over the stinkin' globe and I retain so much water pre-, during and post- menstrual that I have ONE WEEK each month where the scale will actually budge. I stay true every month knowing eventually the weight will drop-- but this is getting OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :explode: :grumble: :angry: :mad: :explode: :grumble: :angry: :explode: :grumble: :angry: :mad:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Didnt even care.

Me too :grumble: Let's go tonight....Just think of the progress you've made so far. You don't want to throw that away:flowerforyou: Neither do I...and I also have motivation that in 4 months I have to get fitted in my dress so that any alterations that need to be done can be done. So I have 4 months to lose the rest of my weight and tone up...Let's do this!:drinker: :flowerforyou:\

OH! And the change in weather isn't helping :grumble: It's been cold at night and in the morning here. Warm during the day.....but, I'm stuck in this office while its warm :grumble: But it's time to double up on the clothing and get out there and suck it up. And do my workouts anyway :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    I've been faithful to exercise-- only went over calories once the past three weeks-- and my blinkin' scale won't move.:mad: My 44 year old hormones are all over the stinkin' globe and I retain so much water pre-, during and post- menstrual that I have ONE WEEK each month where the scale will actually budge. I stay true every month knowing eventually the weight will drop-- but this is getting OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :explode: :grumble: :angry: :mad: :explode: :grumble: :angry: :explode: :grumble: :angry: :mad:

Marla, I just have to say what an inspiration you are! To continue a faithful exercise program and to have only gone over calories once in three weeks, that is wonderful! What makes it all the more better is that we know what your family obligations are and the demands that it brings. Perhaps the scale isn't moving as much as you'd like, but I'm sure you are losing inches and gaining muscle, not to mention your heart is getting healthier, as well as the rest of your body. I say, WOOHOO, to you for showing us that it can be done in the midst of a very family lifestyle! :drinker:
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    get cute gym clothes! i know that sounds lame but if i have cute gym clothes it makes me want to wear them. and they are the tight kind which makes me want to work out harder to not look huge in spandex! i also find that taking a class helps because they know if you dont go! burn baby, burn!! :smile:

I agree completely!! I bought some new running shoes and a few new shirts/shorts to wear to the gym, and I have so much fun putting on my new "outfits" to workout! Whenever I think about not going, I think about those cool new shoes or cute new shirt I bought that's sitting in my bag...And since I got them only for workouts I feel like I'm just wasting money if I don't go to the gym!

Also, I always feel like poo and beat myself up if I don't make it to the gym when I have it planned in my schedule, so I tell myself I'm going to go for 15 minutes and if I still want to leave or am still "too tired" to workout, then I can go home. But by the time I'm 15 minutes into a workout, I feel so good and have a great sweat going on-I :heart: it!

And classes are a great way to get to the gym. I know they're not required, but if I've been a regular in a certain class, I feel bad if I don't show up!! Almost like I'm skipping out on work, only worse! LoL! Sometimes having someone guide you and sweating side-by-side with other people is enough to get you out of a gym rut, and make you want to head up to the gym a little bit more!

Good Luck, and just remember how great you will feel after a tough workout!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Marla, I just have to say what an inspiration you are! To continue a faithful exercise program and to have only gone over calories once in three weeks, that is wonderful! What makes it all the more better is that we know what your family obligations are and the demands that it brings. Perhaps the scale isn't moving as much as you'd like, but I'm sure you are losing inches and gaining muscle, not to mention your heart is getting healthier, as well as the rest of your body. I say, WOOHOO, to you for showing us that it can be done in the midst of a very family lifestyle! :drinker:

Shucks-- thanks-- what a nice thing to say.
    bounce020.gif
    Have a nice day--
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I take some time off from workouts - from one day to three or four - and I come back rejuventated and ready to go!

Just my experience...
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    Music really motivates me! I love having great, high energy music to listen to while I am working away on the elliptical.

If I find a great new song, I will go buy it on iTunes, stick it on the iPod and go to the gym! It is my best time to just listen to music and rock out a bit (silently of course, the other gym goers don't appreciate singing!).

Love the gym clothes idea, too.
  • strawberryblonde13
    Options
    sometimes i am just not in the mood for the gym... and i don't know about you but despite all of the great ideas everyone here has (i am going to try some of them :happy: ) there are those days / weeks that the gym does not appeal to me ... and there is nothing i can do to motivate myself... so i generally "trick" myself into a workout... a hike, bike ride, walking the park w/ friends, a night out dancing... and it seems to work... i get my exercise in... a break from the gym and i don't feel guilty...:smile: so if the gym isn't working for you try an alternative workout! (I also find that a workout buddy helps) my roomies and I motivate each other... it is rare that we are all unmotivated on the same day :flowerforyou:
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I don't know...I've skipped the gym too! But then again I've helped two different neighbors move and I'm helping my husband and another guy stripe and buff the floors tonight at the company so it's all good
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Didnt even care.

ya know though...that taking a workout break is ok, it really is as long as you can get it incorporated back into your scedule:drinker:

Maybe you just burned out a bit on going to much? Don't know your workout scedule but my body tells me now when I need to take a day off...and I'm always glad I did.

I can soooo tell if I'm blowin it off cause I'm to tired to get it together to go or if my body is sayin...'Girl...you need to rest that body and get some sleep'

Once I get to the gym I ALWAYS am glad I'm there and love working out...but what's the deal with it being so hard to get there at times..... a mindset I suppose:laugh: :noway: :huh: :drinker:
  • sabes2631
    Options
    what if you add more calories? will that break the plateau? There was a post once from a guy who found that a solid binge day helped hime to break a plateau... a good food binge...

maybe your body needs a jumpstart!
  • sabes2631
    Options
    Thanks everyone...
    My work schedule has been crasy lately. I realized last night that it is really taking away from other things. I emailed my boss and told him that although i go with the flow always, the flow is running me over and leaving skid marks on my back.
    I am feeling unbalanced and as a result I want to just relaz when I can...

So I am leaving work ON TIME today and going to the gym for the first time this week.

I feel stiff and achey this morning from not moving...

Yes--- new gym clothes are a great idea!
    Thanks everyone!