Hi from Suzikay in England

Options
So thrilled that my pal Caroltina told me about this site - it's such a brilliant help in trying to get to grips with what to eat and the exercise thing. I've had ME/CFS for 23 years and life as a necessary couch potato has meant my weight has climbed and climbed. I have tried to eat more healthily and have had to be very mindful of what I eat for quite a few years, as I have become sensitive to wheat and gluten too. The big crunch has come now I am facing a total hip replacement operation after 30+ years of trouble with the joint, and I realised if I could get some weight off it would help me better to cope with the operation and recovery, and help me keep fitter subsequently. I don't yet know when it will be but I guess every bit helps. Walking is very painful at the moment but I am managing a bit of swimming and, indeed, really enjoying it. I love that endorphin glow you get after a period of exercise.

So, I'm a mother of three (24, 20 and 15). I've been retired on health grounds since 1989, but this has given me the opportunity to take classes in textiles and painting plus other crafts, and being creative has helped me keep reasonably sane despite the frustrations of living with a debilitating long term illness.

We love to eat good food in our house, and my husband, daughters and I all enjoy preparing delicious meals. Luckily, lots of these lend themselves well to reducing calories. It's going to be fun working on losing my excess weight in this company and I'm looking forward to getting to know others in the same boat as me.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. You will love the community and the journey.
  • tamalea
    tamalea Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Welcome Aboard. :flowerforyou:
  • JennyJH
    JennyJH Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    From the UK too :)

My Eldest Son's girlfriend's mother has just had a hip replacement and after the initial post-op pain is doing much better than before. Can make a massive difference!!

Welcome to MFP :smile:
  • suzikay
    suzikay Posts: 50
    Options
    Thanks, and it's good to hear of benefits others have gained from this op I'm facing.:smile:
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • kmcw50
    kmcw50 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Welcome from the Jersey Shore!
  • vinnysgirl
    vinnysgirl Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome :smile:

You will love it on here, lots of support and encouragement from very friendly people, it has certainly been the key to my weight loss so far

Good luck in reaching your goal, we are all here to help you on your way :smile:
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal! :smile: