Opened diary

Options
Hi, I didn't understand that my diary was closed, I am soooo challenged on the computer, but I was able to go in and open it so if anyone wants to look and perhaps make aa comment about myy food intaake I would appreciate it, I know it isn't the best.

Replies

• janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    HI.Looks like the calories are low.I think you could use more protein also.
    You may be in starvation mode with too few calories.
    Good luck\
    jane
  • car01ine
    car01ine Posts: 12
    Options
    I think you are eating an awful lot of sodium and empty calories hun, You might have more luck with healthier options, like fruit and nuts for snacks instead of processed foods.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    These are just my observations:

1. Unless you don't log it, you drink no water? I've found the more I drink the better I feel, and it does help me lose weight.

2. Veggies.....If you don't like veggies I'd puree them into a sauce that you can use over a main lean protein.

3. Fruit....Do you like fit? Any kind? If its not your fav thing take some fruit, crushed ice, and plain greek yogurt and make a smoothie.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Not enough calories. 1200 is the min. Low on water and protein as well.

You have give the body fuel to burn. Lots of lean protein to burn fat and build lean muscle. Water to hydrate and flush the system. You also need plenty of fiber to keep it all working!

Last is exercise. Start small and buid it up as you can. Short walks and low inpact cardio are a great start!
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Hi! I see a a fruit here and there during the week, but no veggies. I would try to increase your calorie count to between 1,000-1,200 by including a few more fruits and veggies every single day. You can also increase your calorie count by including food with less bulk but packed with nutrients like nuts, avocados, yogurt, etc. If you are able to look at the diaries of members who are near their goals, you will find that eating more really does mean losing more. Good luck to you!
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    def too low on your cals, and other than the odd good looking meal, you aren't eating much of anything with any nutritional value at all. there is nothing wrong with the odd yummy bad for you thing, but it looks like you food is made up of that mostly. so start cutting out the empty calorie food, and start bringing in the healthy stuff like fruits, veggies, proteins and carbs. really, you just need to start eating more real food.
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    you asked, i looked. Yes, you are staying within your calorie limits, but.....you are not making the best choices. I see lots of crackers, popcorn, bites of candy, and packaged foods. You need more fresh, veggies, and fruit. More water (like i should talk) Turkey, chicken, and fish. If it's been processed (packaged) it's loaded with sodium. Less take out.
  • rdelonga
    rdelonga Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I would love someone to look at my food diary, but don't know what to do for everyone to see it.

Any suggestions would be grea!
  • gandydancer
    gandydancer Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi eryone thanks for looking at my diary I do drink water but forget to log it and I do exercise a lot and usually don't put it in, will try to eat healthier, I don't eat much dairy as I have a mental thing about milk or yogurt, eggs etc
  • highdesertgirl
    Options
    I would love someone to look at my food diary, but don't know what to do for everyone to see it.

• gandydancer
    gandydancer Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Thanks for looking and yes my diary is pretty sad isn"t it???
  • highdesertgirl
    Options
    oops hit wrong button. Go to settings and go to Diary to adjust settings
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Gandydancer, that is a great idea. I just made my diary public also and would love any advice people have.
  • bjohs
    Options
    Hi eryone thanks for looking at my diary I do drink water but forget to log it and I do exercise a lot and usually don't put it in, will try to eat healthier, I don't eat much dairy as I have a mental thing about milk or yogurt, eggs etc

If you are exercising, that means you are really low on calories every day. There will be many arguments for and against eating back your exercise calories. I'm a big believer in eating back at least 50% of your exercise calories when you are first starting off on this journey. It will keep you fueled up and energized for your workouts. It will also give you some wiggle room to find out what kind of foods you like so you can start making smarter nutritional choices. As you lose more weight, you can adjust the calories consumed accordingly. But if you are getting 900 calories or less before adding any exercise calories back... you are running on empty which may make you feel tired and sluggish all day long. Eventually it may cause you to crash and burn and this is where many people get frustrated and give up. Remember, it's not about who can starve themselves the most to reach their goal first. It is a lifestyle change which takes time. One day at a time. One meal at a time. You can do this!!!
  • bjohs
    Options

My advice for you would be the same as for gandydancer. Really monitor your caloric intake and replace poor food choices for more fresh fruits, vegetables and lean meats. Having two meals per day really won't sustain you for a full day of activities. Try to break your day in to 6 smaller meals. Look to the food pyramid for ideas on how to plan your day. Whole grains, lean meats, lots of fruit and vegetables... these are the things that will make you feel great! Good luck!
  • bjohs
    Options
    Anyone is welcome to send me a friend request to get some ideas. I keep my food journal open to my MFP friends. I don't always have the healthiest meals but I have found a balance that works for me. I eat all day long and am hardly ever hungry. :)