What Am I Doing Wrong?!? (Lengthy...sorry)

Options
2»

Replies

• westbrja
    westbrja Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Happy belated Bday! :wink:

With that info, your BMR should be around 1629. Activity level should probably be sedentary, possibly lightly active. So that would put maintenance around 1950 for sedentary, 2200 for lightly active. I would go with sedentary, particularly if you aren't losing on 1600.

For what you have to lose, 1 lb per week would be appropriate. So a cal goal of around 1450-1500 should be about right. So at 1600 you'd be losing maybe 1/2 lb per week - IF all logging was accurate.

I would highly recommend getting an HRM if you can swing it. I wouldn't be surprised if you (and MFP) are overestimating your burns a bit. If you can't get one right now, try eating just 50% of your exercise cals.

I would try tweaking the numbers a bit first. If that doesn't work after a month or so, I'd head to the doc to get some testing done for thyroid or other metabolic issues. :flowerforyou:

Thank you so much! I'll decrease my cals a bit and see if that makes a difference. Also I will try to squeeze in some extra exercise. I will probably go and have my thyroid tested anyway because my mom is having problems with hers. She's scheduled for surgery to remove one side possibly both.

Thanks again to everyone!!
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    a good sweetener is Splenda its just like sugar and its all natural, its actually made of sugar.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I think ladyhawk summed it up nicely, I find mfp over-estimates calorie burn and before I got my polar f6 I only ate back half of my exercise calories. I would also try and increase your water intake if you can to atleast 10 cups a day. It made a huge difference for me. In addition, can you add more fruit as snacks? Low in fat and filling too. One other thing I noticed, sometimes u skip dinner, maybe have 3 big meals and 3 smal snacks to balance it out to make sure u dont feel hungry?

on the exercise front- I really like jillian michaels 30 day shred, its only 20 mins long and u can fimd time to do that everyday. I do this when my daughter is in bed. What about regular trips to the park with the kids, playing ball etc, any exercise is good :). Hope this helps :)
  • westbrja
    westbrja Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I think ladyhawk summed it up nicely, I find mfp over-estimates calorie burn and before I got my polar f6 I only ate back half of my exercise calories. I would also try and increase your water intake if you can to atleast 10 cups a day. It made a huge difference for me. In addition, can you add more fruit as snacks? Low in fat and filling too. One other thing I noticed, sometimes u skip dinner, maybe have 3 big meals and 3 smal snacks to balance it out to make sure u dont feel hungry?

on the exercise front- I really like jillian michaels 30 day shred, its only 20 mins long and u can fimd time to do that everyday. I do this when my daughter is in bed. What about regular trips to the park with the kids, playing ball etc, any exercise is good :). Hope this helps :)

I've heard a lot about the 30 day shred. Lots of people like it.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I don't really see a problem with what you are putting in.
    I would look into changing your exercise routine every couple of weeks. I will shock your body and you should see some weight loss that way.
    Increase your daily caloric intake by 100 a day. I don't think you are getting enough. When you don't get enough calories in you store fat and don't lose weight.
    When you do work out, eat back at least half of what you burned. Once again, the whole getting enough calories in the day.
    On the days that the little ones are home, put them in a stroller and go for a walk around the neighborhood. It will give you some good quality time with them and and will allow them to get a good breath of fresh air.

Good luck to you. I will pray for you.
  • elizamc
    elizamc Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Bump