Where are the friends that are committed?

Options
2»

Replies

• Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I, for one am not here to "collect" friends per se. The number is not important to me but what is, is to have friends that are interactive in my progress and vice versa. I have not deleted anyone yet but I really love the ones that are more active. It is a small group but they really are supportive and I love them for that.
  • ebramlett
    ebramlett Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Totally agreed! I am here and committed as well. Feel free to add me any of you guys if you want to. I will be of all the help that I can! Good luck to you all!!
  • greenhydrangea
    greenhydrangea Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm committed! I love myfitnesspal. New to it. Don't even know how to post...
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I also have been deleting friends that don't seem committed or do not seem to remember what we are here for in the first place. I could use more committed friends.
    That being said.... I am not someone who has the mindset of "the more, the merrier". I want to have the time to actually read what my MFP friends are doing, and what they are struggling with or succeeding in. I can't do that with 200 or more MFP friends. LOL

**I've kept 1 or 2 who haven't been on here in a while, because I know them personally---- but besides them, I try to just keep committed, motivated friends around me on here.**
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I was sitting her thinking a few minutes ago that in the last two weeks I have delted 3 pages of friends who were not committed or missing in action for more than 3 days. I know it sounds hardcore just to cut them loose but I am committed and want to surround myself with people that have the same committment level as myself. So with that being said if you are committed and feel the same, please add me.

Feel free to add me (any of you, really). I update daily and comment a ton. I've found the more involved I am with the people on my list, the more I feel like I'm committed and the more inspired I am. No use having a ton of faces hanging around that I never interact with :)
  • TheTeeWhy
    TheTeeWhy Posts: 186
    Options
    I, for one am not here to "collect" friends per se. The number is not important to me but what is, is to have friends that are interactive in my progress and vice versa. I have not deleted anyone yet but I really love the ones that are more active. It is a small group but they really are supportive and I love them for that.

This for sure, I am in it for the quality. Not quantity.

PLEASE dont take this the wrong way anyone =/
  • Atizo377
    Atizo377 Posts: 8
    Options
    This definitely is the forum to be. I love hearing everyone's commitment level and energy. I for one am very serious about this. I surprise myself. I got past the 25 days in a row mark of logging on, and keeping track has been the source of my little success so far. Feel free to add me, need some friends on here to help along the journey.
  • weeze_h
    weeze_h Posts: 72
    Options
    I think I am becoming obsessed with this site I am constantly logging food and exercise even on bad days. But I have now lost 14lbs so for me that's proof that it works and I'm only a few lbs away from my target weight so soon will be just maintaining and exercising with a goal of becoming fitter.

Always looking for new friends, especially ones who eat healthily and I can steal some meal ideas from!! Feel free to add me
  • jodazary
    jodazary Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    im seriously committed this time but i cant always check in everyday due to sparatic internet connection here in the mtns. plus if i take off and go to visit my parents i cant sign in cause they dont have either a computer nor internet so even if i take my laptop i cant sign in if i go home. so to just cut so called friends after only 3 days seems really harsh do you cut off real friends if you dont hear from them in 3 days or just ones on the puter??
  • capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    totally committed...almost 90 days and going STRONG! :bigsmile:
  • fkdanons3nse
    Options
    New here and looking for friends to share stories with and learn new things for losing weight and toning. Definitely committed, anyone is welcome to add me and if i can help in any way please let me know!!
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    im seriously committed this time but i cant always check in everyday due to sparatic internet connection here in the mtns. plus if i take off and go to visit my parents i cant sign in cause they dont have either a computer nor internet so even if i take my laptop i cant sign in if i go home. so to just cut so called friends after only 3 days seems really harsh do you cut off real friends if you dont hear from them in 3 days or just ones on the puter??

Usually its the ones who will go three days without signing in, then, sign in for a day then miss 4 more days. If people say they are doing something that is totally undertandable, you can to who is committed and who isn't.
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    day 168 on MFP for me :drinker:

add me if u like! :flowerforyou:
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Well I'm pretty much on here everyday, so yea.
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    This definitely is the forum to be. I love hearing everyone's commitment level and energy. I for one am very serious about this. I surprise myself. I got past the 25 days in a row mark of logging on, and keeping track has been the source of my little success so far. Feel free to add me, need some friends on here to help along the journey.

Yes I really liked the responses once I posted this. Lots fo committed people out there.