I'm new, i need friends and peer support!

Options
My goal is to lose weight to get my blood pressure down. Any one else out there like me? I'm walking 30 min to 1 hour each day. Right now this great quote is keeping me going:

Solvitur Ambulando: It is solved by walking.

"Above all, do not lose your desire to walk: every day I walk myself into a state of well-being and walk away from every illness; I have walked myself into my best thoughts, and I know of no thought so burdensome that one cannot walk away from it . . . the more one sits still, the closer one comes to feeling ill . . Thus if one just keeps on walking, everything will be all right."

Soren Kierkegaard (1847)

Replies

• shellyrell28
    Options
    that is a beautiful quote!! i will be your frend and we can support each other. just joined today and ready to loose!!! lets do this!!:smile:
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am working to get off my blood pressure and diabetes medications.
  • greenhydrangea
    greenhydrangea Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    oh great! thanks to you both!
  • davidrt
    davidrt Posts: 162
    Options
    we are all like you lol, ill add you too
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    Hello and welcome, I am working hard to get to my ideal weight to keep from
    becoming a diabetic, I was told I was pre diabetic! I also walk 5 days a week
    and do some form of exercise every day!

Best of luck to you! :smile:
  • Lolyballs
    Lolyballs Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi, another newbie here. My friend Sherrie told me about this site and how much it helped her so I had to join. This is day two and I love it already. I need to get the app on my phone so I can add items when I'm away from home.

I am disabled due to multiple health problems... most of which stem from being overweight. Severe diabetes, sever anemia, high blood pressure, migraines, gerd, sciatica... that's enough. I want to reverse diabetes and get off as many medications as I can.

I am working to lose 40 lbs before Oct. 29th. I joined the Y and work out a minimum of 3 days a week. I alternate cardio with strength training. The days I do strength, I don't get a full 30 minutes cardio but I am improving everyday! My first day at the Y I did 5 minutes on the treadmill at level 1.4. I"m just finishing week 3 at level 2.3 for 15 minutes! I hope by October I will be running on that treadmill.

I'm here because I need help and support to reach this initial goal and then the next goal too! I'm here to support you and help you achieve success too. I look forward to meeting new people and going for those goals together!
  • Lolyballs
    Lolyballs Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    wtg Kelly! you are pure inspiration!
  • greenhydrangea
    Options
    Lolyballs, I am really proud of you. Keep going! I am starting slow too. I would like to run a 5k sometime in the future! This feels like an impossible thing at the moment, but hey little by little, right?
  • starryheart83
    Options
    I'm working to not be diabetic or have a heart attack before I'm 30! I love this site and everyone here is super supportive! I'll add you!
  • greenhydrangea
    Options
    I am so glad I posted tonight. What was I waiting for? Thanks all!
  • glenbabe
    glenbabe Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    i will be your friend i am on medication for blood pressure but hoping the weight loss will help good luck to you .....just as a note i am on hols from tomorrow i wont be online for two weeks but i will be back lol
  • mrs_joshica
    mrs_joshica Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do it! I love walking, you'll be surprise how much walking turns into the desire for more and more healthy activity choices. Walking intsead of driving, stairs instead of elevator, it's awesome. 100% with you. I don't have any blood pressure issues, but my mother, grandmother, grandfather, etc. did and I'm getting the weight off before those issues begin.