MFP Runners Club 10/22

Options
MargieM
MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
Where is everyone this morning? I expected a post a long time ago, but decided to start one again today. Hope everyone is well! :flowerforyou:

I had spin class this morning and then lower body weight lifting. My legs hurt BAD! It's a good hurt, but whoo boy. Tomorrow is running again, at least that's the plan.

Happy Wednesday everyone! :drinker:

Replies

• MargieM
    Options
    Where is everyone this morning? I expected a post a long time ago, but decided to start one again today. Hope everyone is well! :flowerforyou:

I had spin class this morning and then lower body weight lifting. My legs hurt BAD! It's a good hurt, but whoo boy. Tomorrow is running again, at least that's the plan.

Happy Wednesday everyone! :drinker:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

I have been a little under the weather ever since I ran 12 miles underdressed on Sunday. I was so cold I could not feel my fingers at the end of my run.:noway: I'm going to take it easy for the rest of the week. Try to get 100% before my 5K on Saturday.

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Yikes Kechie, I hope you feel better.

We ran today in bootcamp. I think we got in 3 miles but I am not sure. No running tomorrow as we are planning a longer run this weekend and a trail run on Sunday.
  • seegirlrun
    Options
    Oh, you all! I am SO upset. I've strained my left hip flexor or something. I don't want to stop running! I am so tired of building up to 5 miles and CRASH!!!!! Back to 0 because of an injury. I was really very careful this time. I went for a walk today and it was NOT the same as running. In fact, it sucked, to quote my son. Blah. I am so depressed. Can I run anyway? Does anyone have any experience with this? (ie. sit in a chair and left your knee up - pain.) Hurts (in front of hip) alot to stand - its kind of like a "catch" and it hurts take the a first step or two, then it just hurts a little. In my walk, I limped for the first mile then it was better.

Urg!!! I am going to just CRY!!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I did a nice quick mile to run get a diet tea... it was a beautiful day chilly and fall like
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I forgot to log in yesterday. I did 5 miles yesterday, but only ran about 3 and 1/2 of it, because my 6 week old started to cry so I had to pull over on the side of the trail and breast feed him and then walked the rest of the way back to the car!!! Oh well... at least I was out there. Today I ran 4 miles.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    got in 3.75 miles today, it was a hard run though. I upped my cardio this week and today is day 3 and I felt it :blushing:

Oh well, at least I know my muscles are responding the way I want them too!:wink:
  • MargieM
    Options
    Oh, you all! I am SO upset. I've strained my left hip flexor or something. I don't want to stop running! I am so tired of building up to 5 miles and CRASH!!!!! Back to 0 because of an injury. I was really very careful this time. I went for a walk today and it was NOT the same as running. In fact, it sucked, to quote my son. Blah. I am so depressed. Can I run anyway? Does anyone have any experience with this? (ie. sit in a chair and left your knee up - pain.) Hurts (in front of hip) alot to stand - its kind of like a "catch" and it hurts take the a first step or two, then it just hurts a little. In my walk, I limped for the first mile then it was better.

Urg!!! I am going to just CRY!!

Laura - that's awful! Hopefully it's minor, but you definitely don't want to make it worse. I would call your doc for an exam and then see about some PT. I know it can be a little expensive, but PT does wonders. I have friends that are PT's and they always have ways to reduce my sore spots with stretches and exercises. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Anyone run while pregnant?
  • MargieM
    Options

Ooooh a baby! :love: :love: :love: :smooched: :happy:

That's a question for your Doc, but I'm sure that if you were doing it before, you can keep doing it for a while. As long as you aren't a high risk pregnancy.... :flowerforyou:
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Firegirl: Are you making an announcement, or just trying to be prepared? :wink:
    I didn't start running until my baby was nearly 6 years old, so I don't have an answer.
    No runs for me, but it is good to see what everyone is up to.

Laura: Take care of that leg. Wow.
    And Katie, running 6 miles with a 6 week old! Holy cow! Maybe you have advice for Firegirl.
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I did... had to stop for awhile because of bleeding, but then at about 7 and 1/2 months I started slowly again. I just had a baby on Sept. 3rd. My delivery was great and my recovery has been awesome. My midwife says it's because of all the exercise. I would check with your doc, but if you were already running, I don't see any reason why you couldn't do it, or at least the elliptical if running is too much impact.

SO... are you preggo???
  • seegirlrun
    Options
    Margie and Teach: Thanks for the sympathy ladies. The weird this is that I felt ok for a while afterwards. I have a desk job and the more I rested, the more I rusted. Sore again. Going to stretch, frequently.

Firegirl: Pregnant? Nope - gained like 45 pounds. I am NOT the one ask about fitness and pregnancy. My OB/GYN oinked at me at my last appointment. He lived. Barely.

Katie: Running and breast feeding? You go girl!