Best cheap, quick foods??

Options
What are some of the best cheap and quick foods that are healthy for you??

Replies

• pkarim
    pkarim Posts: 171
    Options
    eggs!
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    jacket potato, soup, corn on the cobb and toast 4 me.x
  • KetoLovingMama
    KetoLovingMama Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Multi-Grain Cheerios.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Yogurt
  • kerenjackson06
    kerenjackson06 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's really difficult to find CHEAP healthy foods, so be sure to check your grocery store ads for the sales and specials on fresh fruit and veggies. It will help you keep abreast of what is in season, which is usually the tastiest and cheapest. I also buy a lot of bagged, frozen veggies that can be steamed in the microwave. I try to get those with NO sauce because they have the fewest calories and sodium. They do make single-serving frozen veggies, as well, but make sure you look for the ones with little to no sauce. Obviously, you can go the sandwich wrap route, as well--very quick, cheap, and healthy. There are several low-cal and healthy wraps on the market. Add a little deli-turkey, brown mustard, thinly-sliced swiss, and your choice of veggies. I like tomatoes and lettuce, avocados with salsa, or thinly-sliced cucumbers. If you can handle it, a tofu stir-fry is very quick and healthy, as well.
  • winterjade
    winterjade Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Rice and Beans/Letils :) I just made some....Super YUM!
  • ksharon22
    ksharon22 Posts: 111
    Options
    I can whip up a tuna melt pretty quickly using our pizza oven and it's also inexpensive. I keep sandwich thins in my freezer so they are always on hand as well as my olive oil mayo and fat free shredded cheese in the fridge and tuna in the cupboard.

Frozen veggies in microwavable steam bags are great for a quick side too!

I also keep boxes of Gorton's grilled tilapia fish (2 to a pkg and 80 calories per serving) in my freezer. Pretty cheap and tasty. I normally prepared them in the oven but they can be microwaved so they are quick as well.
  • geenie18
    geenie18 Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions, I certainly have been eating some of them on the go! :)
  • momof2kiddos
    Options
    Yolplait light yogurts, 1oz bags of sunchips, triscuits with mozz cheese melted, low fat smoothie made with low fat yogurt and whey protein
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    tuna, eggs, oatmeal,soup,carrots, lettuce,