Booze

Options
I know its bad, but I'm curious.
I'm young haha, and I enjoy to have a great time
What are some low calorie alcoholic drinks that I could have? At home or a bar it doesn't matter.
I cannot have beer (thank god, loaded with fat) because I have a hopps allergy.

Replies

• jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    rum and diet coke, crown royal with diet coke, any type of hard licquor with a diet side. Sprite and Vodka. Stay away from those fruity drinks, they are loaded with sugar
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the hops allergy.

Vodka tonic or vodka twist are good low cal drinks. Hungry Girl has some other low cal drink recipes with Crystal Light and alcohol.
  • ilikejam33
    ilikejam33 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Most alcohol is between 70-90 cal per oz. (shot) Vodka and soda water with lime it good. Personally i prefer red wine. Too bad about the beer the Molson 67 we have in Canada is only 67 cal per.

Remember your body will turn alcohol into sugar so try to keep it in moderation :)
  • brockman8742
    Options
    I enjoy a low cal margarita..... fresh watermelon, tequila, diet lemon lime seltzer water and lots of ice....you can add any fruit....strawberries, pomegranates, blueberries....all good all yummy all LOW CAL
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Rum and diet is my business.
    It's pretty decent.

But I love red bull and vodka, and I REFUSE to give it up.
  • steffae
    steffae Posts: 47
    Options
    HAHA, I live in southwestern ontario, and i have shamed my family for usually drinking coolers and not beer
  • Shepink
    Shepink Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've just heard from others that the "skinny" margarita is low cal and delicious with fresh fruit. I haven't tried it yet but will purchase soon.
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I have Vodka and water or soda water with a lemon or lime. How easy is that? haha tastes good too. I am young as well and have been known to throw back a few but in all you have to cut back. cliche but learn to have a good time with less alcohol if you want to reach your goals easier.
  • DustinReiner
    DustinReiner Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    A couple drinks every now and then is good for the soul(Ok, maybe not for the soul, but still you get the idea...maybe sanity)

Personally, I prefer Absolute vodka and cranberry, short with lime. Grey Goose martini’s with olives are good to, for a quicker start!(Don’t forget to count the olives in your daily caloric count!)

I have friends who think they’re dieting and order a “Skinny pirate” Captain Morgan’s and diet coke! It usually gets the female bartenders to laugh……

Not to be a smart aleck, but it seems no one I’ve seen it several times. (So much that I keep this answer and just copy and paste it in the response.)
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I like alcohol too but I cut it out of my life cuz I wanna lose weight. I do admit that I wake up 5 pounds lighter and looking a hell of a lot skinnier when I wake up. I get so dehydrated I look better the next day. I've always been able to take shots but I like mixed drinks or martinis better. I've drank so much I can't take shots anymore. Lol
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options

I have friends who think they’re dieting and order a “Skinny pirate” Captain Morgan’s and diet coke! It usually gets the female bartenders to laugh……

:laugh: "Skinny Pirate" haven't heard that tag before but I like it! That used to be my drink of choice while "dieting". lol
  • R2v2
    R2v2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I gave up on diet soft drinks a long time ago, switched to soda water or Perrier. Diet Coke makes you retain water and alcohol dehydrates you, so not a very good combo. Try vodka sodas with lots of lime, or a splash of juice. My fave is rum, soda and a splash of pineapple when I'm out drinking. I also love to drink champagne, which has less calories than wine usually, but not everybody's crazy about the hangover the next day.

At home, I always have frozen strawberries or mangoes to throw into drinks... you can make blended drinks with fresh fruits and a splash of juice or just use them like ice cubes. I think a frozen strawberry has 20 calories, so not too bad.

My aunt makes awesome blended drinks with rum, frozen strawberries, almond milk and lite Cool Whip.
  • Leish81
    Leish81 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Be careful with Tonic. There is 140 cal in a 12oz can of tonic. They can really add up. But Vodka and Soda is low in calories. Soda aka club soda or seltzer is 0 cal. =)

My husband loves his vodka/tonics but now drinks them in moderation because of the calories.