First NSV post - I can wear spandex!

Options
I hit the 50 lbs lost mark a few weeks ago but couldn't think of anything to do to celebrate. Today in my workout class, I looked at myself in the mirror and realized I need to revamp my workout clothes (the college t-shirts and old faded saggy capris weren't cutting it anymore).

When going to Sports Basement, I was daring and took a couple pair of size medium tight stretchy moisture-wicking capris, and size medium tech running shirts in to the changing room. I tried them on.... and I actually looked kind of hot (not often that I think that)! I haven't been anything but a large or extra large in years, let alone looking cute in spandexy pants!

So I bought two sets of capris and tops to celebrate my commitment to working out and moving forward. A really great NSV, thanks for letting me share :)

Replies

• Saksgirl1
    Saksgirl1 Posts: 248
    Options
    Thats SO exciting! Keep up the great work!!!!
  • Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! \o/ \o/
  • jnoire
    jnoire Posts: 43
    Options
    That's awesome! I can't wait for the day when I can buy super cute, non plus size clothes! Congrats!
  • pamela1129
    pamela1129 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Inspiring! I bet you felt so light and free! Congrats!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    That's is wonderful! Congrats on the new size and seeing yourself in a new way. That's a great reward too! I'm still struggling with trying to not make food be the reward for everything.
  • changeisgood55
    Options
    Great job!!! And good for you for thinking about treating yourself in a positive way!
  • IndigoFlowers
    IndigoFlowers Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! :) I need some new work out pants as well, and it'll be spandex for me too!

Lets show 'em what we're made of!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!