Need help from all you girls.....

Options
I have been watching what I eat for about a month now, and so I am going through my 1st monthly. How do you girls cope with the cravings during this time? I really don't crave a specific thing, I just have more of an appetite, and a harder resistance for things!
What does everyone eat to curb the appetite, but still stay within the calories? I have also been dealing with a migraine for the past three days, so have not worked out at all, so I feel like a fat slob!!!:embarassed:
Help!

Replies

• ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I have been watching what I eat for about a month now, and so I am going through my 1st monthly. How do you girls cope with the cravings during this time? I really don't crave a specific thing, I just have more of an appetite, and a harder resistance for things!
    What does everyone eat to curb the appetite, but still stay within the calories? I have also been dealing with a migraine for the past three days, so have not worked out at all, so I feel like a fat slob!!!:embarassed:
    Help!
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    water water water water water water....

and saying NO to your boyfriend when he suggests pizza buffet.
    and saying an even STERNER NO when he suggests another helping of the brownies.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    I can't curb my appetite at this time. I have enough stress that the added wrist slapping will just turn me into uber witch.

I just try to work out as much as possible. move around and drink LOTS of water.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Try to remember that ALL THE THINGS THAT YOU CRAVE DURING YOUR TOM are exactly the things that are going to MAKE IT WORSE. So for your own good, you have to figure out how to deal with those cravings, knowing how bad they will make you feel overall. Caffiene and salt and dairy products make all your TOM symptoms worse, so do what you can to avoid.
    I used to just treat myself as though I were sick. If I could spend time reading, in bed, in a hot bath, I did. I'd take ibuprofen and drink chamomile tea. But I avoided the chips/chocolate/ice cream how ever I could.

And BTW, you lost 2lbs!! YAY!!!!!
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I changed my multivitamin/multimineral about 3 years ago and I no longer have your typical food cravings. Even during TOM. It's fabulous! If I have a food craving, I go back to my little green box - it usually means I forgot my multi's that morning. Amazing how different your body reacts when it is being filled with good nutrition.
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Water, pamprin, water, pamprin...works well for me.:flowerforyou: And sometimes I'll treat myself but I watch serving sizes and keep within my limts....100 calorie packs are great for me. I only take one with me to work. Otherwise I won't stop after one serving. It's not easy but the Water and pamprin help :drinker: :flowerforyou: