lesser of two evils

Options
sodium and artificial sweeteners get a bad rep, and while there is merit to it, sometimes I feel like they are the lesser of two evils. My health issue is weight, and as such I would rather have something lower in calories and higher in salt, and if i am craving something sweet I would rather bake with Splenda then sugar. Thats just me, maybe when I am at a healthy weight things will change, but for kow lower calories and fat is my priority.
Tonight, at this late hour when I cant sleep and found myself incredibly hungry I opted for sugar free jello and and entire thing of vegetable broth. High sodium and artificial flavors, but it was the right choice for the issue of weight I feel now

Replies

• NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'd agree on the sodium.

But pretty much every study shows that artificial sweeteners cause you to gain weight in addition to posing a number of health risks. Go with sugar instead.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be able to survive without my sugar free pudding.
    I think that artificial sweeteners causing you to crave real sugar is totally a myth.
    If you don't tell yourself it's true, you won't believe it. [:
    I feel like my chocolate craving is satisfied completely after my daily sugar-free pudding fix. [:
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be able to survive without my sugar free pudding.
    I think that artificial sweeteners causing you to crave real sugar is totally a myth.
    If you don't tell yourself it's true, you won't believe it. [:
    I feel like my chocolate craving is satisfied completely after my daily sugar-free pudding fix. [:
    is it a myth? I don't know because some are very effected by side effects of artificial sweeteners while others have no issues, not sure I would call that a myth.

I love putting a piece of dark chocolate on my tongue and letting it melt, hits the spot and doesn't create cravings for me. It might for someone else but for some of us it's the perfect fit.

I keep my sodium down to 1500 and I've never felt better, makes such a difference in cravings and joint pain and a good feeling over all compared to the amounts I used to find myself eating.

I've loved all the low sodium broths I've tried, to the OP have you tried that as an option? That way if you need a salt fix you get some in but also don't overload so you can actually taste the yummy broth. :flowerforyou:
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Well, I said that "I THINK" it's a myth.
    "I think" states that the next part of the sentence is going to be a personal opinion.