do men really lose weight faster than women?

Options
it sure seems like it.

Replies

• maxinethestrange
    Options
    i think they find it easier to diet not sure why think women find it harder to give up their fave treats
  • change_happens
    Options
    yes. i watch my hub lose weight and all he has done was lower his calories and stop eating out food.
  • sarahpittaway
    Options
    Also I have notice that a week before and during a period we women gain a least a Kilo if not more in weight because most of us eat that little bit extra because our body needs more so in the over all picture we just take longer ! Lucky to be a man sometimes!
  • elcar7
    elcar7 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    it has to do somewith with the distribution of the fat on the one hand (man more abdominal fat, which goes away first) and women mostly have more subcutaneous fat at the buttocks and legs (for evolutiionary reasons) and only then the additional fat is stored in the abdomen.

and yes women find it harder not to eat treats, especially during the ToTM :)

but, we all CAN do IT
  • HalloweenNinja
    Options
    (Must... resist... urge to made... sexism... jokes...)

Generally males also tend to have a faster metabolism than females.

(*phew!*)
  • mags2504
    mags2504 Posts: 275
    Options
    I read somewhere it's because men build muscle better than women and muscle burns fat.
  • Thamantha
    Thamantha Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    On average guys are taller than women. They will have a larger BMR, and still only need a 500 calorie deficit. Men have a recommended calorie intake of 2500 where women's recommended intake is 2000.
    I have noticed that with my partner, and it has been very frustrating because he will eat everything I will, and still have room to eat 500 extra calories more than I can. I am 5"4 and my partner is 6"3 so we have quite a difference in dietary allowances.