Hi everyone

Options
Hi, I just joined my fitness pal this week. I want to lose at least 50 pounds. My weight gain started after having my 4th child. I am 58 years old now and I am trying to lose about 50 pounds. I think I would feel better about myself. I have been dieting for years on different plans. I have tried weight watchers and I know that works but I have a problem with willpower. I thought I would try this and count my calories. I have had a hard time getting started, but yesterday was a good day for me and I stayed within my calories so I am pleased about that. I hope to be able to make some friends on here and have people that I can talk to about anything and we can help each other stay motivated.

Replies

• jenlw88
    jenlw88 Posts: 71
    Options
    wow. i hope u find help u need i got it. it helps to have friends they help u and motivative. i need be 29 pounds from my target goal but i get there if watch what i eat and do more excercise. and eat more healthy 2. good luck.
  • 38Gigi38
    38Gigi38 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I have been using this site since March and I'm loving it. The people I've met are so supportive and helpful. It has been a fantastic tool for me. It helps me to stay motivated and to be accountable for what I put into my mouth. Feel free to add me if you want a supportive friend.
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP... I used to do weight watchers as well and there are some good things you can learn from it. Willpower is also my downfall and I find that on MFP because all your friends can see what you have posted each day it really helps to spur you on to keep going. I wish you every success with your healthy lifestyle :smile:
  • crystalmichelle82
    Options
    :smile: Welcome. Feel free to add me as a friend. This is definitely a great program. I actually just bought a kitchen scale yesterday b/c I am going to be more specific. I want to do it right and be concise. The one thing I would say about the past as far as what you've written (about the dieting part) is that dieting doesnt really work for long term. You have to have a lifestyle change. My grandma did all that stuff too and she has changed her life and her eating habits, plus combined it with a meal replacement shake (shakeology) to lower her cholesterol, keep her satiated, and lose a little weight too. So I wish you the best of luck and if you ever need any motivation or help just know that I'm here and you have the MFP community too.
  • Johannahall
    Options
    Hi there and welcome. I found the key to a sucessful diet is motivation and lots of it, you'll find that with mfp. I've been on my diet for almost 3 weeks now and I get alot of encouragment. I love this site !!
  • angelameda
    angelameda Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am new to fitness pal for a week now and I find it very inetresting to do a diary I have been on my caloire counting lifestyle change for 10 week now and have lost between 12 to 14 lbs give or take a lb and this I truly motivated and excited to take control of my health.
  • carmella7164
    carmella7164 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm new here. I'm 47 and want to loose 30 pounds. Its so hard when you are older I think. I exercise a lot but been eating a lot of things I shouldn't. Welcome and hope to talk to you guys and help me. All my fat is in the tummy. I gained a lot of weight within the 1-2 months from surgery I had (hystercomy) and summer eating. Well good luck in your adventure.