Not feeling successful!

Options
So I all of a sudden dropped three pounds yesterday, which was probably a least a couple weeks worth of work on my part. I hit my 10lb milestone and I am now at 220, which is really exciting because I am one pound away from the 210s!

The problem is that after I thought about it for a little while, I really wasn't feeling very excited about it. I can't see much of a difference in myself yet and my belly (which is where all my fat seems to hang out) has only shrunk maybe a half an inch. Can't wear smaller sizes yet and people aren't really able to see the changes yet either. It really means a lot to me to be able to fit into a comfortable size 16, but I don't even know how small I will need to be to do that. I remember being about 215 in college and still couldn't get out of those darn plus size stores. (The pants fit, but the shirts never have.) I also remember feeling really good about myself when I was in the 210s, which is just around the corner, and I'm just not feeling that way at all right now.

I want to feel good about my accomplishment, but I really do feel like I have so far to go that it is hard to feel proud. :cry:

Replies

• DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    So I all of a sudden dropped three pounds yesterday, which was probably a least a couple weeks worth of work on my part. I hit my 10lb milestone and I am now at 220, which is really exciting because I am one pound away from the 210s!

The problem is that after I thought about it for a little while, I really wasn't feeling very excited about it. I can't see much of a difference in myself yet and my belly (which is where all my fat seems to hang out) has only shrunk maybe a half an inch. Can't wear smaller sizes yet and people aren't really able to see the changes yet either. It really means a lot to me to be able to fit into a comfortable size 16, but I don't even know how small I will need to be to do that. I remember being about 215 in college and still couldn't get out of those darn plus size stores. (The pants fit, but the shirts never have.) I also remember feeling really good about myself when I was in the 210s, which is just around the corner, and I'm just not feeling that way at all right now.

I want to feel good about my accomplishment, but I really do feel like I have so far to go that it is hard to feel proud. :cry:
  • hanz8203
    Options
    hang in there chick your doing amazing
    and about the pants fitting and shirts not thats might just be down to having wicked nockers :D
    just keep going youl get there think positive
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Awe, It will come. I know I had to lose 20 pounds before anybody would notice and before I got into a different size. Just keep your chin up and keep working.
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    I hit 195lbs this morning. I know that even at 205lbs 16s were still too snug for my comfort (Muffin toppin). I would love to be in a 14, but I am thinking I am proly in a comfortable 16 now. I havent tried on pants since I first hit 205lbs. Its very frustrating I know, I can feel your pain. Especially if alot of your extra weight is carried in your middle- mine is as well. Just keep your head up and keep working HARD! I try not to buy sized pants right now unless I need them to go somewhere- I wear my workout pants and sweats 24/7. I have one pair of black khaki style pants I bought at the beginning of September- size 18- and thats it besides gym pants. I love it though, bc I can see a big difference from then til now with how the pants fit- they are about 3-4inches too big now and I have to tie the ribbon on them super tight to get them to fit!!

I have noticed from peoples posts on here and in my experience with weight loss thus far, about every 15-20lbs loss takes you down 1 pant size. For people like us who have excess around the middle, its really about 20lbs.

Dont get discouraged, keep up the good work :bigsmile:

77669.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    It took me a long time to really appreciate what I was doing too. It takes longer than I thought to notice a difference in how I look and feel and in how my clothing fits. You really just have to think of it as a gradual change. Weeks will pass no matter what. Either you will lose a pound or so with each week, or you won't. In 2 years you will either be a completely different person or you'll be the same, maybe bigger, you that you are now. It's can be slow... and grueling... and sometimes it feels like its not worth it... but it is and you just have to trust that.

You're doing great and if you stick with this you won't be disappointed!:flowerforyou:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I started this site in March or 08. I started at 190. I lost 20lbs by june but during the summer months I gained about 7lbs back. I was not happy. But kept on logging in my food, which prevented me from going up any further. Then, in september I started to really pay attention to my calorie intake and started walking on a daily basis. Sometimes I would eat more then I should but kept on trying. I knew this was going to be hard.

Now finally, I am seeing a difference and boy I am excited. I am on the right track and feel so much better. Believe me if I did not have this site and the good people in here I would not have tried as hard. I love to eat and I was brought up on enjoying food.

So what I am trying to say is stick with it. Don't give up and you will see the difference.

Just keep trying and never, never give up.

44118.png

:flowerforyou:
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Something you said in your post "struck" me! 3lb loss over the past couple weeks worth of hard work...I think this is awesome! I, for one, believe 1.5 lbs/week is something to be happy about:happy: I know that I would like to see results fastER, but I'm learning it's a process to get the weight on and a process to get it off! YOU CAN DO IT. Go look in the mirror and smile at yourself and find ONE thing about you that you really like today! :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Keep up the hard work - I felt the same way but at 20 pounds I've gone down a size. The smaller you get the faster sizes go away
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    Thanks for the responses everybody.

A few of them really made me smile/giggle! Hehe. :laugh:

I'm going to try to accept that this is part of the process and keep on moving. This is the first time in my life that I really feel like losing weight is a realistic possibility and I'm not about to give up b/c of a bad mood. This is about me and how I feel, not about other people noticing or what clothes I am wearing (but I would looovvveee to wear smaller clothes, heh).

I just need to keep telling myself that I deserve this and when I am at goal weight and looking back at all the hard work, I will know for sure that it was!
  • curliegirl
    Options
    I understand what you are saying about wanting to have the new clothes. I have been at the weight I am now for about a month & a half. Plateau or whatever I guess. NO one but hubby has noticed that I have lost 10 lbs. The seasons are changing and my jeans don't fit nor do my skirts for church so last week I broke down and bought a few things. Guess what? I got asked if I'd lost weight when I wore my new skirt.

I think we associate the "praise" from other people with new clothes. And when we have fought to loose weight then we want to have it noticed! Just a theory but hey there you go!

3382.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter